Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2002, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

nextel

I get Protalk emails & as you get bigger there ae beter deals than Nextel. Personally I like mine except in season I live far enough from tower & don't get good reception. I like the page feature I have an answering service in season, cuz if'n ya miss one call or job due to not having a live person answer it can cost you alot of money. People don't like machines & it certainly is impressive when the service answers live & then they page you & you call back as soon as you are out of meeting, lunch etc.... go to nextel.com to see what info you can get they may not be in your area. Good Luck on better service. Roye
Old 02-26-2002, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I pay 49.99 a month for mine, but it is more like 65.00 with tax. I get 200 cell minutes and unlimited direct connect. If you use your phone a lot the free incoming call plans are the best for the money. Check out there website they have the different plans with prices on there, plus the phones. I highly recommend it, the high monthly fees made me a little hessitant but now I couldn't live without it.

www.nextel.com
Old 02-27-2002, 01:05 AM
Millenium Member

I have a i85 also and love it. I use the calculator often and love the voice recorder (it also records the person you are talking to great for noting phone numbers and addresses when you don't have a pen). I want a i90 but too much $$ right now. Nextel has teamed up with BlackBerry to make a new phone with full email support and also PDA type phone.

I have the unlimited incoming plan (my busines line is forwared to my Nextel), 500 outgoing minutes, long dist, V/M, call ID, the works for $49.99 a month. I posted last month I called to cancel (not really just wanted a better rate) and they offered me 300 more minutes for $20 less, what a deal.

Reports are by this years end Nextel's direct connect feature will go nationwide!!

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir...item_id=244984
http://www.motorola.com/LMPS/iDEN/press/release97.html
Old 02-27-2002, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

i have the same plan, free incoming, 500 out, unlimited direct, 300 text, v/m, caller id, and the 2 lines is also great, only thing is that my plan is for like 70 bucks, dont know how you got a lower one, maybe its just the amount of ppl that use it in the area, oh well
Old 02-27-2002, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Member

my i 700 plus is always on me, except when i go talk to a customer. That customer needs to feel important and with my cell phone ringing they don't.
i got 1100 outgoing and free incoming, long distance, unlimited direct connect all for 109 a month. A little high but that thing has made me boat loads of money, so i don't care.
peace
bryan
Old 02-27-2002, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Bryan, put the phone on vibrate, and then you don't have to take it off....
Old 02-27-2002, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Member

true but then i got to remember to take it off vibrate, so usually i just leave in the truck and don't worry about it
Old 02-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Millenium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon Wymelenberg
my plan is for like 70 bucks, dont know how you got a lower one, maybe its just the amount of ppl that use it in the area, oh well
I just said how I got the better rate in the post you just read:

Quote:
I posted last month I called to cancel (not really just wanted a better rate) and they offered me 300 more minutes for $20 less, what a deal.
If you have had service for a year call and tell them you want to cancel due to getting a better rate, they will counter offer with a much better rate.
Old 02-27-2002, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

oh ok thankx for the advice, i might try that, when i read that the first time i was in school at, so as everyone knows my brain was in sleep mode