Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Question 310 Units

hi i am looking at your promaster 310 outfront mowers , i like alot of the new things about them i wanted to know if they are as stable on hills or inclines as they used too be ,i know that you put bigger tires on them so is the center of gravity higher now ? ihave been running tro groundsmasters for nine years and they have been good , but i like your auto deck height adjuster alot, i have to change cutting heights some days five or more times so this would be great. also what do you think is the best for hills , drainage areas , some are 15,20,25 degree inclines . is it a ztr or outfront 3 wheel rider like your 310 , also if i bought a 310 unit would it void the manufactors wart. if i built a engine area cover too cut down on engine noise and to protect it from rain etc.?? thanks alot Jeff Z
Old 03-01-2002, 08:49 AM

PM310 vs PM300 vs PM260 ZTR

Mr. Zalmanoff, Thanks for your interest in the Gravely products.

To answer your questions, the PM310 is as stable as the PM300 because of the taller wider tires. The center of gravity is slightly higher however, the wider tires more than make-up the deference.

I don't believe you would void the warranty with a shield over the engine unless you restrict the airflow too much. Should you decide to do that, please take temp reading before and after modifications to make sure.

With regard to the best unit for hills, I would have to say it would be the mid-mount ZTR as the full weight of the mower adds to the traction weight.

With any out-front unit the deck is suspended between the traction unit and the front caster wheels which takes traction away from the drive wheels. Also with the deck out front the weight of the deck tends to pull the front of the unit down hill.

I hope this has clear-up the questions you may have, and I hope you consider a new Gravely PM250, 260 or 272 should you decide to go with a mid-mount machine.

If you have any othe question, please feel free to e-mail me.

Respectfully,
Dan Kilgas