Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2008, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Who works on CL trucks?

I have a Rhino that has two Wanner pumps that do not work. I would like to pull both pumps out along with the old valves and hosing and replace with a Hypro D30 + Honda gas engine set up for the 300/100g split. I'm wondering if there is anyone in or near NJ that does this type of conversion work? Has anyone done this type of PTO to gas conversion too? Would love to see some pics...Thanks
Old 04-30-2008, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I had an old truck but just got rid of it about a year ago. Not sure why you would want to do that. Those old pumps just keep going forever. Google "Minnesota Wanner" for a rebuild kit. They can also help you with a conversion if thats what you want to do. Have them send you literature/pics of their spray systems and then copy the set up.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The conversion isn't all the difficult but takes some time which = $, you just have disconnect the PTO shaft and remove all the old components and then replumb and mount all the new stuff. I've used a PTO driven pump a lot and I prefer it to using an auxillary engine so without knowing what condition your equipment is in and what your needs are I would probably look to rebuilding the pumps first and replace the plumbing (if that's wanted/needed). Or keep the PTO and replace the pump with a Hydra-cell D10 or 25 which are heavier duty pumps than a Hypro D-30 (which is a great pump BTW, no question about that).
Old 04-30-2008, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Agree 100% with mngrassguy. Those are some very nice pumps and Wanner should be able to help you out. The rebuilds aren't cheap but they far outlast a Hypro in between. A simple diaphram change, with new valves, cages, o-rings etc. may set you back $150 or more but they should at least go one season or more between rebuilds. There should be a metal plate riveted to the top of the pump near the oil resevoir. It will tell you the model(s) and serial number. Most likely it is a H-25 or smaller H-10 with several brass plates comprising the hydraulic section. A word of caution..never disassemble beyond the brass section as it may take some specialized tools for reassembly and it is rare for any part of this section to fail. If the p.t.o. of the truck is still relatively intact with all pillow blocks, u-joints and shafts it should be simple to reattach the pumps and adjust the belts. Don't overtighten the belts as it puts side-pressure on the pump bearing and can cause undue wear. Anyway you have a hell of a pump there...don't trash em. The brass alone is worth some serious $$$$
Old 04-30-2008, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Apple

Call Warner tech service. They have always treated me right. It takes a hydraulic press to rebuild them but only cost under $ 300 in parts. Those pumps cost $ 3,500 new and can be totally rebuild.

Warner will also have the name of a local dealer in your area. IMHO the D 50 would be a better size pump to match the plumbing. They can also run off the jack shaft instead of a gas engine.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.