Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-01-2002, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Member

brand new 2001 F-250 V-10

I Bought a brand new 2001 F-250 4x4 V-10 on tuesday night didnt even put 30 miles on the truck and on wednesday afternoon the fuel pump shorted the fuel pump relay. I had the truck towed backed to the dealership. They fixed the problem and I picked it up thursday at noon I didnt even get 5 miles away from the dealership and the fuel pump shorted the fuel pump relay once again. I went and talked to the dealership last night they gave me two option they will give me a 5 year 75,000 mile warranty i said make it 7 year 100,000 miles they said alright or they will buy the truck back from me what are your opinions on what i should choose the warranty or get my money back. Also have any of you guys been throught the lemon law because if i take the warranty and keep the truck and this happens one more time I have to go throught the lemon law I bought the truck at Bergeys Ford in Ambler Pennsylvania.
Old 03-02-2002, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Get the warranty its worth the $2000 for the Platinum plan. I bought a 2000 F-250 Xl. Im worry free.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:52 AM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
Get the money back and buy a chevy
Old 03-04-2002, 09:15 PM
Millenium Member

Trade it for a diesel.
Old 03-05-2002, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

First off, what the hell good is the warranty when you can't even keep the truck running. Obviously they are going to have to find the problem or you won't even be able to drive it, regardless of what you get for a warranty. I would let them try and find the problem and see what happens. Odds are they find out the problem the truck will be fixed. If you don't feel comfortable about the whole deal I suggest giving the truck back and get a different one. Make them work a good deal on a different truck for your inconvenience. A dealership will most likely do as much as possible to keep you happy.
They already offered to take back the truck so you are in a good position. I would get diesel next time around, if you get one you will be glad you did. The only people that say you don't need a diesel are the ones who haven't experienced one yet. I will never own a gasser again. Next vehicle for the wife is a diesel Excursion. Whether she likes it or not.
Oh yeah, a GM isn't the answer either, I've had plenty of them before my Fords. I think they are both great manufacturers and could take or leave either brand. It's just what appeals to me now is the Ford, maybe next time it will be GM, we'll see.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Same thing happened to a buddy of mine, He ended up switching for a differant truck after 3 tow backs to the dealership and has had no problems since. The truck was also a 2001 V-10 4x4
Old 03-06-2002, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trade it for a diesel. You will never go back to gas.

Phil. 4:6-7
Old 03-06-2002, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

that warranty does sound good, but getting a diesel sounds good to. good luck
Old 03-07-2002, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Take it back and go to your Dodge dealer. 2000 Cummins has 42,000 and hasn't seen the shop one time.

I would trade that lemon on something, whatever you do don't keep it.