Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-16-2008, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am grateful for this thread as I am in the market for new software. Service is everything.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Same. It sounds as if Ray is just satisfied in settling with the fact that things are not getting worse. The fiasco with the handheld STILL exists. I have a good friend that just purchased ( the handheld for Qxpress, and he is MORE than satisfied with both the program that he has had for about 3 years now), but he is just ecstatic about the performance and ease of use of the handheld. We were speaking to someone a few days ago at Lesco (a relative of a fairly large company), and he was expressing that they are seriously considering making a switch from RG, also. I think there were some different issues there, though - by the sounds of it.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ray im glad your getting somewhere. I have not been so lucky. pete did email me saying he tried calling. I emailed him back with my concerns and instead of addressing any of them he agin told me to call because "it would take days or weeks to answer my questions by email.

it only took me 5 minites to type out my concerns I don't see why he couldent answer them by email without it takeing a week. I did say that I wanted to have a record of what was said so it won't change like everything else they say seemes to. so here I sit waiting for a reply from them
Old 05-17-2008, 04:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not that I really care but beaware there are spies amongst us.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
beaware there are spies amongst us
That's a good thing for everyone. If RG is watching and figures out customers aren't happy with their business model they can make changes to address that. That's good for both sides. I know after reading everyone's concerns I'll be looking at other software options besides RG.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

John- I'm sorry man.. I was getting the same treatment via email... I don't know if they're just lazy, or i they don't want written records of what they say? I don't know, and I'm taking a big step with Real Green.... I'm not going to assume the worst.. Heheh

They probably just want to deal with your concerns in person to be more proessional..

At any rate.. I have no love for the gentleman with whom you are dealing.. I highly suggest going strait to joe... and don't bother emailing him.. he doesn't respond to emails either..
Old 05-17-2008, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I have had RG for about 6 years.The software itself is very complex almost to complex. My challenge is also the fees at $100 a month, it is outrageous. I hate feeling like I'm always being sold something. The constant updates (every 3 mths)to me is excessive and especially at $150 a pop. Quick books updates every three years for $180, much more reasonable. Also no automatic back up what is that about? I feel it is good software but at this point I wish I had shopped around a little more, maybe got something a little less complicated for less money. Because I think the complex nature of the program allows them to keep you hooked on the support.
Harvestman
Old 05-18-2008, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You're only paying $150 per update as well?? They're charging me $250 if I'm off support..
Old 05-18-2008, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimmasters View Post
Ray im glad your getting somewhere. I have not been so lucky. pete did email me saying he tried calling. I emailed him back with my concerns and instead of addressing any of them he agin told me to call because "it would take days or weeks to answer my questions by email.

it only took me 5 minites to type out my concerns I don't see why he couldent answer them by email without it takeing a week. I did say that I wanted to have a record of what was said so it won't change like everything else they say seemes to. so here I sit waiting for a reply from them
email for support blows.........

If they don't get exactly what you mean, because the way you explained it and the way they read it are often different. When your actually on the phone they can log on to your computer and see exactly what your seeing. A very quick way to get to the bottom of the problem. Emailing back and fourth will take far longer on both ends.

I have no problem with our support, we call them or email in the queue and they call us back. usually in 30 minutes or less. Some of the suggestions we have asked for we are starting to see finally in updates, but their program doesn't do a lot of things we want it to do and many are them so "duh" to us :-(