Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2002, 11:21 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2002, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like an odd place to put a boat in the water!
Old 03-04-2002, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. I've been down some steep boat ramps but I think I would pass on that one.

Stone, where was this taken? Curious, I had a boat similar to that and sold it to a guy with a white pickup.

Charles, if you are looking at a large boat, get one with diesel engines. If your interested in a project look at

http://www.databoat.com

and look at the "Phantom" under power boat plans over 20'

Liberty: Freedom from the control of others - Webster dictionary 1828

If you think you can do it or you think you can't... either way, you're right!

"The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that the warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse." excerpt from "Tales of Power"
Old 03-04-2002, 04:02 PM

At least the best part of the tow didn't go off the cliff---the boat forget the suv lol save that boat.
A diesel boat, I would love that. k- chunk k-chunk all the way down the lake. It sure would save on fuel
Old 03-06-2002, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Woke up this morning after dreaming about driving a boat over a waterfall. Wonder were that came from?

Liberty: Freedom from the control of others - Webster dictionary 1828

If you think you can do it or you think you can't... either way, you're right!

"The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that the warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse." excerpt from "Tales of Power"
Old 03-10-2002, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stingray

Charles, take a look at Stingray boats. I bought a new one in 97. It's been a good one 21 ft with 350 v-8. It'll run 62mph stock from the factory.. They are also made in South carolina. So, you may be able to at least save the transportation fees (several hundred) by picking it up yourself. The "runabout" boats with the walk through windshield are a good all purpose boat. (family friendly) A good place to start might be Boating magazine and Trailer Boats magazine. They both have nice websites with subjective reviews and good info. Good luck! Enjoy it, shopping and comparison is half the fun.

P.S. I might also look at Chapparal, Sea Ray, Maxum, Donzi (wishful thinking) etc....lotsa good ones out there right now.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:19 AM

Thanks for the info lakegastonla. In fact the stringray was my first choice. We have a dealor close by. I have heard nothing but good things about them. The have the sleak look I like. 62 mph would be great.
The chapperal is nice too and they offer many emenities and engine sizes. One of their boats contains a 425 hp big block.Oh yeah!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:12 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Charles how can you even think of buying a boat at this time.

For there is no water in the lakes where you live.

I got a overnite campsite at a SC state park off I-85 In Feb. near the Georgia border and all the floating docks and some of the boats where lying on mud.

That lake must have had about 25% on it's normal water.

You guys have a major drought issue in that area.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:53 AM

That is the truth Lawrence. Lakes in my area are 12ft + below normal except for the nuke plant lakes where they have to keep the water at a certain level. Some of the lakes are used for power generation as well as recreation. Even though the corps of engineers have cut back on draining the lakes for power use they have contributed to the lakes not rebounding with the rains we have gotten. The amount of water from streams flowing into the lake is the lowest it ever been since record keeping.
But I figure I might get a good deal on a used boat with people so tired of the low lake levels. There is still plenty of water in the deeper parts of the lakes.
This looks like a long term drought to me if we dont get some tropical weather this year. We didnt get that last year.
I have read where the northeast lakes are sad looking too. NYCs reservior is near the critical stage