Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You've got a real crappy attorney if 3 men are breaking into your house at night and you fire a measly warning shot into the ground and get any more than a warning for shooting in city limits...
Old 05-28-2008, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

set

Alot of people need to grow a set, if you pull a gun on someone you need the set to pull the trigger, do you really think they learned a lesson from you? Doubt it!

I'm sure you will start to see little things happen to your stuff, broken windows, slashed tires, who knows.

You were better off shooting a few rounds when you first came out, no face to face.....they would have crapped all the way home, never to return....

Try doing something like that here (Texas)and see what happens!

Good luck to you!!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

No, no warning shots. I don't care how much money you have. You're opening pandoras box with a warning shot.

I've got lots better things to do with my hard earned cash than pay a lawyer to get me out of hot water, because I wanted to see the look on their face when I fired off a warning shot.. In the side yard - not in the house.

Defend myself, my loved ones. heck yeah. Not picked up cause some kids parents want me charged with whatever, cause I tried to kill their kid (who was lost or trying to get back his/her basketball, or find their lost doggy). No look is worth that crap!!!

Just my $.02
Old 05-29-2008, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea....the 3 teenagers were looking for their missing puppy inside this guys garage in the wee hours of the morning Do you have a brain?

A very protective(or viscous) dog would have been good too. If you knew they had no weapons, just release the dog into the garage and close the door. Getting mauled would definately teach them a lesson. I probably would have got their attention with the gun and then slammed a baseball bat into their kneecaps. Nothing worse than a thief and by not getting them arrested or getting their faces beat in, I GUARANTEE you they did not learn their lesson/have stolen again.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

gang

Split second move I guess, kids in this day and age have no respect. I was involved in a shooting in 97 with a suspected gang member, he was trying to assault my wife......shot hit him in the leg as the fence crashed down on me, he would have been killed if It didn't fall....long story short, local law enforcement and my lawyer told us we needed to get out of town ASAP because of his gang ties....13 years of stuff packed up and moved away in 24 hours......then the guy tried to sue our homeowners insurance......didn't get a thing...rented the house and finally sold it.....lawyer cost me 5k and of course all charges were dropped....bummer I had to wait 3 years to get my Glock back, but I flew back and picked it up from police property....crazy..would I do it again?

Damn right I would!! Be safe!!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You should have called the cops.

All you did was just teach them that next time the try to steal something and get caught that they'll most likely be able to weasel out of it somehow. Bad example.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You should have turned them in.

You didnt teach them a lesson. Hell, jail probably wouldn't teach them a lesson. Might as well gotten them used to the life their gonna have. In and out of jail, stealing **** just to see if they can get away with this this time.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Be careful with a firearm! In Ohio, if you order someone to physically move at gunpoint you are guilty of kidnapping. I've seen it happen! And, since you did NOT call law enforcement, they WILL be back. Possibly armed next time. Don
Old 05-30-2008, 07:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puller504 View Post
Be careful with a firearm! In Ohio, if you order someone to physically move at gunpoint you are guilty of kidnapping. I've seen it happen! And, since you did NOT call law enforcement, they WILL be back. Possibly armed next time. Don
Next time in the daytime while your working. To steal your guns!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think I would of called the police.. Maybe not filed charges, but at least let them catch a ride home in the Police car.. Their parents should know what they was up to... I agree with K9. Dogs rule..