Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-11-2002, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Location: The Hottest driest city next to Hades - Denver Colorado
We set up our credit cards through our bank. They charge us about 2 1/2% with a $25 a month minimum. We double our credit card sales every year. 95%+ of ours is done over the phone & we didn't have to buy a machine. They did give me one of the manual imprinters that I use in the field about 5-10 times a year. People seem to like having the option. Only about 1 in 5 LCOs around here accept them so it's just one more thing to set me apart.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks to all of you who posted very helpful information. I just wanted you all to know that I have been lurking here for quite a long time and have only recently been posting questions. Again, THANK YOU. We all are aware of the search feature are we not? Sometimes, given time, new people and perspectives we need to ask questions regardless of the search feature. I did a search on a different topic the other day and it took several hours to gleen information related to my search. Sometimes, there is TOO MUCH IRRELEVENT information. No one needs to remind us of the search feature and if someone takes it personal that we even ask, then I guess there isn't room here for new people? Maybe that's why there is another forum to pose questions where "use the search" is not repeated by the hall monitors. I'm sure there are numerous people who have been offended by someone, who, instead of helping, decided to throw that phrase at him. Those new guys may have left for a more open and helpful forum. If you have a big business and are making tons of money, don't let the new, little people hold you up. Just remember, we don't need you. As far as I know, the green industry does not revolve around you and has been growig at an incredible pace before you came.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:56 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Harrell
Those new guys may have left for a more open and helpful forum. If you have a big business and are making tons of money, don't let the new, little people hold you up. Just remember, we don't need you. As far as I know, the green industry does not revolve around you and has been growig at an incredible pace before you came.
Tony you have the attitude of a bum the eats in the soup kitchen for free and complains about the quality of the food served.

In the future I will refrain from offering you any advise as not to injure your sensibilities.

Good health and good luck.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mr. Stone, Thanks because apparently you're one of the ones who think we're not supposed to ask questions. If you can't see what is in my post then I appreciate your offer to refrain from giving advice. Also, unless there are a lot of people with anxiety disorders viewing my post, SOMEONE ELSE wants some info too. I see however, the moderator replied with an opinion and did not blow the question off. Now, exactly where does this disorder start? 500 posts? A thousand? All that proves is you're online all the time.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now that we've all vented, what was the question again?
Old 03-12-2002, 10:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Tony,

To answer your question, no we do not accept credit cards at this time. Most of our accounts are lawn maintenance right now.
If our business expands well into fertilization, we may consider adding that payment option.

I do think anyone heavy into the landscaping end, should accept credit cards.

BTW, you mention the other forum. 95% of the member there are members here too. There's just not much to search over there, so of course the search feature is not going to be mentioned.

Hang around, you'll learn something here too. With a lot more activity here, it's bound to not be as sugary sweet, but it's the real world, and you'll find a lot of helpful members here.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Member

No we do not accept credit cards, everyone pre pays by the week, month or the season