Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-08-2008, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

OK, I sprayed some weeds this morning in the worst conditions so I might not have any grass in these areas but I am doing it for the knowledge that we will get from this little experiment.
It was 90 degrees and humid when I sprayed. I also was lazy and did not want to mix a fresh batch so used what was left in my backpack which was sitting few days, but on the bright side it did not smell rancid (you will know what I mean if you have used it before and forgot about it for a few days) I will keep you up to date on whether I have any grass or not. I am using the 14-0-5. They also have a 5-0-3 for Summer use and has less N.
I will keep you informed.
Attached Images

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 06-08-2008, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How many hot days in a row does it take for this product to ammoniate and just be a nasty total burn down material, just wondering how it would hold up in batch mixes, I've sold it just havn't used it yet.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

OK, you got me, I had looked at their products originally as a fert but like you said it was a little more cost than I was looking for. I was not aware that it was also a selective weed killer. My bad. I will have to look into this some more.

I wander why they don't just drop the urea. Then they could have one of the very very few organic selective weed controls.

Definitely worth looking into though.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Member

On hot days you can have it mixed for only a few days then it really smells and has the potential to burn the lawn.

Here are some pic from today: Notice the clover is already burning out and the dandelions are just starting to curl. I have not noticed any yellowing of the lawn. It may look like it in the pictures but it has some red thread and the way the pictures were take makes it look brown.
Attached Images

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Cool, Thank Mike for the pictures and follow up
Old 06-10-2008, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Mike,

What tip are you using in your backpack sprayer? Also have you figured out a system for your Perma green? Thanks.

Darron
Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I've used a lot of Green Guardian and it does pretty good with the dandelions - especially when you do a powdered lime treatment while the lawn is still wet with the beet juice. If you want the organic, just get the 5-0-6.