Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-13-2003, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Addict

I now have no excuse for locking up trimmers and blowers. I installed a gear caddy and it really helps.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I keep all my stuff in storage but still worry while eating lunch and what not. I try to park my rig so I can watch it at all times.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Ive been in business around 7 years. Never had anything stolen from my trailer. Everything is locked up or chained down. But last Sunday someone broke into my storage unit and carried off all my handheld equipment. 2-backpack blowers 2-weedaeters 1-edger 1-set of hedge trimmers and my new air compressor. About $1800.00 worth. They didn't even touch a set of hand wrenches laying on the table right beside the weedeaters. And 2 safety gas cans worth $60.00. I just hope the cops find it at the pawn shops.

David
Old 06-14-2003, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Member

I was working trimming a back yard and came out to get the blower and it was gone. I have a trimmer trap blower holder and I now keep everything locked up. The guys at the fire station think I am paranoid because I am so anal about securing everything. I always have to park the trailer by the back door of the station and back up to the building so you can't let the tail gate down. It was a $299 dollar + tax lesson.
Old 06-15-2003, 04:07 AM
LawnSite Member

lossage

Try the method I use: Rig a/multiple beefy-looking locks with 3/8"x20' Kryptonite cable. Home Depot/Lowe's/lots of places online sell the cables. Try the company's 'site if you can't find 'em locally
Old 06-10-2008, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I had my Stihl BR 420 stolen today, along with my echo CS 3000 chain saw and a Husq 323L.

While I was working in the backyard, for maybe 20 minutes, they lifted it from my trailer.

Crazy thing was, I was parked in right in front of my customer's house on one of the oldest, most established streets in town; the kind of street where people walk their dogs and stroll their grandchildren.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Had a guy at the gas station the other day try to sell me a stihl blower.

He said, hey you run a lawn company, do you ned a 450$ backpack blower, I don't need it anymore.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Member

This has become a real problem lately. I had two weedwackers and a small trailer stolen from in front of the house last month. Naturally, the police never recover anything. I hit all the roadside tool sales hoping it would show up, but its probably been fenced through the flea market already.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There has been a lot of theft lately on mowing trucks from the post I have seen recently.