Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-24-2008, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The drought is making a comeback...

OK, we had the drought from hell last year. This year we started out great with rain but it seems to have come to a stop again. I don't want to keep throwing all this fert on the ground with the stresses and lack of watering it is getting so do you guys have a fert that you can recommend for this situation? Or, according to the weather, should I just hold off the ferts and let the lawn go dormant again. This way I would do less damage and diseases won't be as likely.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Use a high ratio os slow release. When it rains it will go to work--thereby speeding the recovery.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenLawn View Post
OK, we had the drought from hell last year. This year we started out great with rain but it seems to have come to a stop again. I don't want to keep throwing all this fert on the ground with the stresses and lack of watering it is getting so do you guys have a fert that you can recommend for this situation? Or, according to the weather, should I just hold off the ferts and let the lawn go dormant again. This way I would do less damage and diseases won't be as likely.
When I saw the subject line of your post, I had a feeling you were from Georgia. Im your neighbor up in Ellijay! My brother is a fireman in Woodstock.

I'm hoping the drought doesn't get as bad as last year again! Good luck, and be praying for some rain
Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I work for Bartow County myself. I would like to get on with either Woodstock or Canton. I can't afford to take the time off to go through rookie school again with Cherokee County. Ball Ground got the restrictions backed off too, but I haven't heard of anyone else.