Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2002, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Member

lead generation

Hey all- I know that this has been discussed before, but I can't find it too easily on a search. I was just wondering, for those of you who target high end residential business (installation, maintenance, etc. ) how do you generate your leads?
Thanks in advance.:alien:
Old 03-26-2002, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Almost all of ours are through referrals...wealthy folks usually talk to and do things with other wealthy people. Periodically, I'll even ask my clients when I see them if they know of someone who could use our services.

Good Luck!
Old 03-26-2002, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Referrals. However, if you don't have the benefit of being in business for years to build your reputation, you can get your foot in the door with some direct marketing.

Identify the communities, neighborhoods and streets you want to work in. You can target them one of two ways. First, use the Criss Cross directory (at your local Library) or tax records (county) to find out the homeowners name, address, phone etc (different sources will have different info). Direct mail these people.

Or, use a marketing kit for new homeowners that you give to real estate agents that you devleop a relationship with. Target agents that sell in the neighborhoods you want to work. Tell them you want to provide a service to their customers when they move in, and work to get them to put your name in their customer's hands. As well, make yourself available to help them out when they need a landscaper to spruce up a property and give it more curb appeal prior to going on the market.

Flyers will work okay. Those that recently moved in will be more likely to call off of flyers IMO, or at least, that's who's been calling off of our flyers.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

direct mail is the best way that I know to go. Do what Sean Adams suggests and follow it step-by-step. You target the exact homes and neighborhoods that you want to target and the people who are targeted will recognize the time and care put into organizing the mailing.