Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-09-2008, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tempo & Bagworms

Anyone used tempo SC Ultra out of a backpack sprayer to kill bagworms in small trees, under 15 feet tall? Label says 45ml (1.5 fl oz) per 100 gallons water. A customer told me today a local dealer told him to spray at 1 oz. tempo per 2 gallons and add acephate (cant remember how much) and spray to almost run-off. He said dealer said it wont hurt the tree at all. This seems a little strong to me on the tempo.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARMIT COMMISSION View Post
Anyone used tempo SC Ultra out of a backpack sprayer to kill bagworms in small trees, under 15 feet tall? Label says 45ml (1.5 fl oz) per 100 gallons water. A customer told me today a local dealer told him to spray at 1 oz. tempo per 2 gallons and add acephate (cant remember how much) and spray to almost run-off. He said dealer said it wont hurt the tree at all. This seems a little strong to me on the tempo.
Tempo and a spreader sticker, is a great "Stand Alone" Product for the Bagworm IMO.

Stick to the Lable (LAW) rate and you will be fine.

Pete
Old 07-09-2008, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I calculated it out and come up with .93 ml to 1.33 ml per 2 gallons. This would be per label. Has anyone mixed acephate at label rate with tempo with no adverse reactions to trees? Being a systemic, it would be a great combo.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Demand CS Icap, this is one of the best products I have ever used for Bagworms, Jdl Has an off label product called Cyonara which is the excact same product for alot less money but the Cyonara smells so bad you actually need a resperator to apply it.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I think the high app is like 16mL per gallon
Old 07-09-2008, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I calculated it out and come up with .93 ml to 1.33 ml per 2 gallons. This would be per label. Has anyone mixed acephate at label rate with tempo with no adverse reactions to trees? Being a systemic, it would be a great combo.
Yes.

Watch Crabapple and Young Leaves on Jap. Red Maple with the Acephate.

Have seen Phyto on the JRM (dead spots) and Leaf drop on Certain Crabs.

1/3rd Lb per 100 Gal of the Orthene T,T&O is all you will need for Mr. Bagworm with the Tempo Tank Mix.

Pete