Register free!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

John Deere Shame on you

Shame on you John deere landscapes and lesco. You know we are in a buisness where we quote the job for the year.

I just cant believe that the prices jumped almost 9-10 bucks a bag on my allectus purchase week to week oh yeah same pile of pallets. You are a company that has tens of thousands of bags piled high across america. Keep in mind these bags have been manufactured previously at cost X and delivered, drive the price up and sell it to me at a significant increase is all profit and corporate greed. You blame it on oil and the price of urea prices out of china. WTF are you doing as a company doing buisness with a communist country. Yup making corporate profits higher, you are killing this country one day at a time.

They have us by the balls and know it, take lawn care out of the picture we need fert for food production and China knows it.why not put chinas flag above old glory, yeah you know you would John Deere for profits. Id die for that flag, you sell it for money.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humble1 View Post
Shame on you John deere landscapes and lesco. You know we are in a buisness where we quote the job for the year.

I just cant believe that the prices jumped almost 9-10 bucks a bag on my allectus purchase week to week oh yeah same pile of pallets. You are a company that has tens of thousands of bags piled high across america. Keep in mind these bags have been manufactured previously at cost X and delivered, drive the price up and sell it to me at a significant increase is all profit and corporate greed. You blame it on oil and the price of urea prices out of china. WTF are you doing as a company doing buisness with a communist country. Yup making corporate profits higher, you are killing this country one day at a time.

They have us by the balls and know it, take lawn care out of the picture we need fert for food production and China knows it.why not put chinas flag above old glory, yeah you know you would John Deere for profits. Id die for that flag, you sell it for money.

Late winter early spring lesco/Deere sent me a letter with the breakdown of their projected and anticipated incremental price increases for the season. they sent it early enough for me to adjust pricing to the highest percentage. in other words I know "approximately" what my costs will be through Oct. They blathered on about the cost of natural gas and propane that is required in manufacturing. That was even before the blowout price increase of diesel fuel required in trucking/shipping. I take it you never got a notice? What dealer do you use?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Even prostitutes are going up.

Prices rise, especially fuel/steel related stuff. And prostitutes.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The early letter allowed me to notify customers where appropriate my margins have stayed the same