Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-31-2008, 06:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilehead View Post
Hey, Punt. Pssst. Yeah, you. I'd have to agree that a thief(especially a kid) does not deserve to die for stealing a trimmer. I do believe in something called stiff consequences, though, and the US government's consequences are too lax if you ask me. A parent of one of these delinquents will argue, "He's really a good kid, he just got in with the wrong crowd." NEWS FLASH: That kid IS the wrong crowd. When members of the wrong crowd get older, they may tend to be more violent. I say take him down hard before he can strike again--suffering brings repentance. I think Barney Fife would agree, "You have to nip it in the bud."

I agree wiyh you completely. But putting a bullet in his head wont teach him a thing.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianslawn View Post
i been thinking about what you said all night. you know... you are absolutely right. so help me put an end to the death penality and the war in iraq. after all... all those people our government kills in the name of justice.... they all have families and are somebodys kid. lets free the death row inmates. after all, they may become christians and walk into a TN church..... to shoot people.

people who have carry permits in my area arent allowed to take their guns to schools or churches. guess where all the shootings take place in the south. schools and churches and everywhere else the criminals know the good guys cant take their guns.
1. The Iraq war is a big mistake
2. Terrorism is completely different and those people deserve to die
3. The thread is about a kid stealing a trimmer and ending up with brain damage and an LCO who is concerned about his income and is now in jail and will pay a lawsuit and lose his business. Hard to mow lawns and keep customers behind bars.
4. There will always be extremist wackos, that is not the same as a petty thief.
5. We the people are not the judge and jury.
6. If you want to live in a totalitarion state move.
7. I am a gun owner with a permit to carry. I have not once carried.
8. I am a hunter with over 2 dozen various rifles and hand guns that are locked, unloaded and non accesable in a situation that might requir protection. Thats not why i own guns.
9. My idea of protecting my family is not sitting in jail.
10. I have compassion for people even thieves. They are people who were not raised well and took a wrong turn. They dont deserve to die but they do deserve to be punished. Years in jail also only solidify their criminal behavior.
11. I understand the reaction of anger and to beat or kill. But thats what separates the men from the boys. Killing or beating to a coma is not what i consider to have like, a previous post mentioned, big balls. Its just stupidity. If you or your family were personally attacked thats a whole different ball game. Were talking about petty theft.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a lover not a fighter.

If someone broke into my house and tried to cause bodily harm to my family or me, then yes, I would not let up on them until they didn't move anymore. If someone comes on my property and is trying to steal something, I'll back away and call the cops (cell phone is always on my belt) in hopes that they don't hear anything. Kinda sneak around (fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee) to get as close as I can and with one good swing, knock them out with a "walking tall" 2x4..... 1 hit is all you'll need and the thief will be patiently waiting with you for the cops to come.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I won't bother to comment on the war and wacko's. I too have guns and live in a state very liberal about protecting your property. Would I shoot first??? Don't exactly know, but I do know kids or not, the situation could have been turned around very easily and the lco is in the hosp...NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO GO ONTO MY PROPERTY AND TAKE SOMETHING..THEY WILL GET A BEATING OR WORSE. If a person gets a beating from someone protecting their property and dies, juvenile or adult oh well. The property owner should be thanked from the community....But then again I'm a guy who thinks that their should be a express lane for the death penalty, courtroom to chair 10 minutes...next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
1. The Iraq war is a big mistake
2. Terrorism is completely different and those people deserve to die
3. The thread is about a kid stealing a trimmer and ending up with brain damage and an LCO who is concerned about his income and is now in jail and will pay a lawsuit and lose his business. Hard to mow lawns and keep customers behind bars.
4. There will always be extremist wackos, that is not the same as a petty thief.
5. We the people are not the judge and jury.
6. If you want to live in a totalitarion state move.
7. I am a gun owner with a permit to carry. I have not once carried.
8. I am a hunter with over 2 dozen various rifles and hand guns that are locked, unloaded and non accesable in a situation that might requir protection. Thats not why i own guns.
9. My idea of protecting my family is not sitting in jail.
10. I have compassion for people even thieves. They are people who were not raised well and took a wrong turn. They dont deserve to die but they do deserve to be punished. Years in jail also only solidify their criminal behavior.
11. I understand the reaction of anger and to beat or kill. But thats what separates the men from the boys. Killing or beating to a coma is not what i consider to have like, a previous post mentioned, big balls. Its just stupidity. If you or your family were personally attacked thats a whole different ball game. Were talking about petty theft.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED'S LAWNCARE View Post
I won't bother to comment on the war and wacko's. I too have guns and live in a state very liberal about protecting your property. Would I shoot first??? Don't exactly know, but I do know kids or not, the situation could have been turned around very easily and the lco is in the hosp...NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO GO ONTO MY PROPERTY AND TAKE SOMETHING..THEY WILL GET A BEATING OR WORSE. If a person gets a beating from someone protecting their property and dies, juvenile or adult oh well. The property owner should be thanked from the community....But then again I'm a guy who thinks that their should be a express lane for the death penalty, courtroom to chair 10 minutes...next.
Ok, tell that to your wife and kids from jail. OH WELL. Its your choice. We all have our choices.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-17-2008, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ok my 2 cents. You can only use enough force that is deemed reasonable to stop either an attack on you or to stop a crime. So someone punches you, you can hit them however you need to tostop the assult. That is self defense. Once you cross the point where you are beating the crap out of them it turns to an assult or attempted m,urder charge on you. Im not saying i wouldnt beat the snot out of them, the law is flawed.
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 08-19-2008, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

In some countries this thief would now also be withouthis right hand. How long do you think this thief or others would think about stealing again?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if self-defense is only hitting someone until they are no longer attempting to attack you then you'd best make your first hit a good one.

i.e: 1/2" drive ratchet to the side of the head
Old 08-19-2008, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE= Thats why if the need ever arises to do anything to protect myself I will use only deadly force. Not to sound morbid or Rambo-ish but then there is only one side of the story for the jury to hear.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and one less person for us to support while they are in jail.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
My employee's cousin(LCO) caught some young thieves on his personal property stealing/ starting up one of his ZTR mower's on the trailer, others were stealing the handhelds etc. He caught one beating, that one punk thief to the point of unconsciousness, and he is now in the local Trauma unit's ICU with several broken ribs & closed head injury. The police charged the LCO with felony assault in jail right now 150,000 bond. YOU cannot beat some to the brink of DEATH for stealing.

Here's the options if you get in this situation: scare them off, do not "fight" them, or Kill them dead with a handgun. Please be careful "defending" your belongings with less than deadly force.
This thread is messed up. Half of you think it's ok to beat a teenager to death for attempted burglary. Assuming the perp had no gun/weapon/other threat, don't you think it's excessive to beat somebody to death for this? A night in jail or a couple black eyes sure, but beating to death!!!??? I think the LCO belongs in jail. What's going to set him off next?

1992 Chevy K2500 - 350ci & 4L80E
12' V-Nose enclosed trailer
52" Scag Hydro WB
36" Quick 36 with Bagger
Stihl Kombi System
Part time LCO.