Register free!

Old 08-07-2008, 04:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer a Teejet AA23L 7676-24 with the proper size fan tip to apply the desired volume/M. At 40PSI at the gun and normal walking speed, an XR11008 tip puts down 1 gallon. I have no problems getting contact herbicides such as MSMA or Quicksilver to work. I do have a Teejet AA31 with a 45 elbow and a Turbofloodjet nozzle TFVS10. At 40 PSI, this puts down 3 gallons per M. I save this for fertilizers only. Floodjet nozzles do not have the defined pattern, flat fan nozzles do and leaf coverage is poor. For shrub work, its a wand with two disc-core nozzles on a swivel and an Arag Turbo Gun for tall trees.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

droplet size

The JD-9 has several tip sizes available. I usually use a fairly small orafice, but sometimes I'll use a larger which greatly reduces drift (you go thru more gpm though). Today I sprayed 100 gallons of Mosquito Barrier with a JD-9 (small nozzle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrassguy View Post
Thanks for the responses.
RCREECH, the Lesco high pressure gun I already have is apparently the JD-9.
I'll look into the wands as I require a much larger droplet size to avoid drift.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogjaw View Post
Good to find your post.

Have lawnjet and tk22-20 nozzle, 2 gpm. Trying to kill crab and broadleafs, 1 oz per gal, and at 40 psi only some msma is retainded on the leaft to eventually turn it yellow. Very little kill. We will up to 60 psi tomorrow to try to get spray broken down so the droplets will land and stick to the small broadleaft and kill. Currently, they hit and roll off. Wand is held right at 3' mark above ground.

Really amazing how many headaches we get trying to kill weeds when you are so close.

Thinking about ordering the tkss10 or the 110deg flats from Rittenhouse.

Wonder since we have the space savers with diaphragm pump and others have impeller pumps it this could be part of problem, us not getting enough pressure to break droplets down.

something came to mind while writing this, the lawnjet gun made a gushing/gurgling noise last summer when we were doing crab work, This year just steady spew sound. I may have pressure down too much this year???

Thanks in advance for responding.

Looks like temperature may be dropping here in NE Arkansas tomorrow afternoon. Will be welcomed.

Take care.

Hey Hogjaw,

Get the tkss 10. The droplets much smaller as well as less volume per 1,000.

As I said before, I am getting 1/2 gal per K with this setup, and as you know the less water (to a point) as the carrier for Post-Herbicides, the better.

The gushing and spweing sounds you discribe are coming from the Check Valve, right before the nozzle.

When you get the pressure correct and it is CLEAN, it makes a nice constant Buzzzzzzz.

Take care,

Pete