Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-20-2008, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
This thread is messed up. Half of you think it's ok to beat a teenager to death for attempted burglary. Assuming the perp had no gun/weapon/other threat, don't you think it's excessive to beat somebody to death for this? A night in jail or a couple black eyes sure, but beating to death!!!??? I think the LCO belongs in jail. What's going to set him off next?
finally! I thought i was the only one with some sence in here.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-20-2008, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Georgia just followed in Texas footsteps for the right to protect property with deadly force. Go Georgia!! Now we just need to adopt the express lane for executions like Texas!!

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 08-20-2008, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED'S LAWNCARE View Post
I won't bother to comment on the war and wacko's. I too have guns and live in a state very liberal about protecting your property. Would I shoot first??? Don't exactly know, but I do know kids or not, the situation could have been turned around very easily and the lco is in the hosp...NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO GO ONTO MY PROPERTY AND TAKE SOMETHING..THEY WILL GET A BEATING OR WORSE. If a person gets a beating from someone protecting their property and dies, juvenile or adult oh well. The property owner should be thanked from the community....But then again I'm a guy who thinks that their should be a express lane for the death penalty, courtroom to chair 10 minutes...next.
I with you Ed, my property, my stuff...forget this crap about "He was raised in a broken family" BS, I was raised with a stepfather and I don't steal. I DO NOT feel sorry for a criminal. I don't care how old you are...you know as a child it is not right to steal.

The problem with society is people feel sorry for criminals, how about feeling sorry for the victim.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Last edited by cgaengineer; 08-20-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
10. I have compassion for people even thieves. They are people who were not raised well and took a wrong turn. They dont deserve to die but they do deserve to be punished. Years in jail also only solidify their criminal behavior.
What comes after stealing, rape, armed robbery, man slaughter, murder, serial killing. Having compassion for a criminal is WRONG.

It was only rape, the rapist took a wrong turn in his life the victim will forget about it sooner or later.

It was only child molestation, the kid wont even remember it when the are older.

It was only armed robbery, nobody was killed during the robbery. The robber just made some bad decisions in his life.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the right to kill a perp for theft on your own property, then why don't we just send each convicted thief to the chair? Whats the difference.

It's not compassion for criminals, it's called human decency.

1992 Chevy K2500 - 350ci & 4L80E
12' V-Nose enclosed trailer
52" Scag Hydro WB
36" Quick 36 with Bagger
Stihl Kombi System
Part time LCO.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

How long do you think other thieves would be tempted steal if they knew their end would be the electric chair? Discipline should not only be corrective but also preventive!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

One (only) good thing about this thread, if you've ever wondered precisely what a human life is worth. Evidently for a large part of the country it's about $100. Pathetic.
"To destroy this invisible Government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day." - 1912 Progressive Party Platform, Theodore Roosevelt
Old 08-20-2008, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_James View Post
One (only) good thing about this thread, if you've ever wondered precisely what a human life is worth. Evidently for a large part of the country it's about $100. Pathetic.

Your right it is pathetic. They just dont get it.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-20-2008, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
What comes after stealing, rape, armed robbery, man slaughter, murder, serial killing. Having compassion for a criminal is WRONG.

It was only rape, the rapist took a wrong turn in his life the victim will forget about it sooner or later.

It was only child molestation, the kid wont even remember it when the are older.

It was only armed robbery, nobody was killed during the robbery. The robber just made some bad decisions in his life.

we were talking about a petty thief not a rapist or a murderer. Some of the greatest people in the world had a past of thievery or drug abuse. People have low times in their lives and hopefully they change that for the good. The world is much bigger that the 5 feet around you.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-20-2008, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I fired the employee last week, whose cousin was involved with this, debating if I should call him to find out the verdict.