Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
Your right it is pathetic. They just dont get it.
Oh well, talk is cheap and everbody likes to say they have big balls on the internet. Especially on this site.

1992 Chevy K2500 - 350ci & 4L80E
12' V-Nose enclosed trailer
52" Scag Hydro WB
36" Quick 36 with Bagger
Stihl Kombi System
Part time LCO.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleankutslawn View Post
hope this ends on a good note!
Me too ... I'll say a prayer for your friend in the hope that he will prevail with his legal dilemma !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 08-20-2008, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
we were talking about a petty thief not a rapist or a murderer. Some of the greatest people in the world had a past of thievery or drug abuse. People have low times in their lives and hopefully they change that for the good. The world is much bigger that the 5 feet around you.
The thing is most people who start out with stealing move on to bigger things if not dealt with. We are way to easy on criminals.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 08-20-2008, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
If you have the right to kill a perp for theft on your own property, then why don't we just send each convicted thief to the chair? Whats the difference.

It's not compassion for criminals, it's called human decency.
Well, where was the criminals decency when he decided to steal? I'm not saying that they deserve the chair but more like the wild card......they just never know what will happen when they attempt to steal from someone. Maybe they get away scott free, maybe they get beaten and go to jail, maybe they get shot. If the criminals didn't know the risks going into crime, then it sucks for them.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagguy View Post
Well, where was the criminals decency when he decided to steal? I'm not saying that they deserve the chair but more like the wild card......they just never know what will happen when they attempt to steal from someone. Maybe they get away scott free, maybe they get beaten and go to jail, maybe they get shot. If the criminals didn't know the risks going into crime, then it sucks for them.
I really dont disagree with any of that. If somebody is breaking into my house or garage and I can't see what they have in their hand then they will get shot.

But this case is blatent wanton violence. Once your threat is neutralized you should not be allowed to keep going. We're all pissed when somebody violates our property, but doing what this LCO did is being judge, jury and executioner all in one. A total viloation of what this country was founded on.

1992 Chevy K2500 - 350ci & 4L80E
12' V-Nose enclosed trailer
52" Scag Hydro WB
36" Quick 36 with Bagger
Stihl Kombi System
Part time LCO.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
I really dont disagree with any of that. If somebody is breaking into my house or garage and I can't see what they have in their hand then they will get shot.

But this case is blatent wanton violence. Once your threat is neutralized you should not be allowed to keep going. We're all pissed when somebody violates our property, but doing what this LCO did is being judge, jury and executioner all in one. A total viloation of what this country was founded on.
If you cant see whats in their hand, most likely you cant see their face or identify who they are right? What if its your teenager sneaking back to the house after a party. or a really good honest neighbor who thought they saw something and went to check it out for you? Shooting first is a bad idea unless its an absolutely known threat.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-21-2008, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I agree wiyh you completely. But putting a bullet in his head wont teach him a thing.
But it will teach everyone else a thing or two about stealing your property.

Society does not need this scum taking our hard-earned time/money/investments away from us.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
we were talking about a petty thief not a rapist or a murderer. Some of the greatest people in the world had a past of thievery or drug abuse. People have low times in their lives and hopefully they change that for the good. The world is much bigger that the 5 feet around you.
there was no age given so i can everyone just assume he beat a 12 year old? if it was at night in that situation i want to see what you guys would do, alls you see is the person you dont have time to sit there and guess his age you need to react to protect your own life. none of you know the exact circumstances surrounding this case.. who knows if the beating was too severe, one well placed punch to the head can kill someone even though it wasnt intended too, and one hit to the ribs CAN break them.. i personally think with information given that maybe some charges should be filed against the lco but NOT Felony assault... whose to judge whether this assault was too much. also i think the bail/bond is a little high unless this guy has a huge record or is a proven flight risk... ive seen folks charged with worse with much lower numbers.

also how do you know this clown is only a petty thief? it is proven that a majority of criminals start out with smaller crimes and usually go up in severity as there criminal career progresses. just like the drug dealers that start out selling grass then go up to coke next thing you know they have a meth lab setup.

im very very very sensitive about my property and equipment and will not hesitate to physically subdue someone attempting to damage or steal it, before the police arrive.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnProLandCare View Post
there was no age given so i can everyone just assume he beat a 12 year old? if it was at night in that situation i want to see what you guys would do, alls you see is the person you dont have time to sit there and guess his age you need to react to protect your own life. none of you know the exact circumstances surrounding this case.. who knows if the beating was too severe, one well placed punch to the head can kill someone even though it wasnt intended too, and one hit to the ribs CAN break them.. i personally think with information given that maybe some charges should be filed against the lco but NOT Felony assault... whose to judge whether this assault was too much. also i think the bail/bond is a little high unless this guy has a huge record or is a proven flight risk... ive seen folks charged with worse with much lower numbers.

also how do you know this clown is only a petty thief? it is proven that a majority of criminals start out with smaller crimes and usually go up in severity as there criminal career progresses. just like the drug dealers that start out selling grass then go up to coke next thing you know they have a meth lab setup.

im very very very sensitive about my property and equipment and will not hesitate to physically subdue someone attempting to damage or steal it, before the police arrive.
well your also making judgement calls as to what charges should be against the lco with same lack of details you so argue. Oh well. Someday when you all grow up you will understand and value life. The guy wasnt being personally attacked. If it was your brother in the hospital now a vegetable you would feel different. Stealing is bad news. No argument there. But like i said before some bad people like my father inlaw when he was young turn into outstanding people like he is now. A minister, ran for govenor of his state. Put 4 kids through college including my wife who has a masters in computer engineering. All that from what was once a pick pocket, snatcher and street kid abandoned at a young age. Oh well, make your judgements.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-22-2008, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnProLandCare View Post
Yes, yes, and again--yes. If someone so much as looks at my stuff with an expression that indicates even a possibility of a theft waiting to happen, they are going to be approached by me. If they touch it, they WILL be "subdued". Probably, subdued, and then some.