Go Back   LawnSite.com™ - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Gravely Pro??

I have 36”Gravely I got it last year I got it a good price it has a Kawasaki engine code (2-F o so) FB4660-AS20 under the Choke said Pro 40

First- how old is third Machine?

Second- why When the grass is tall do not cut (engine almost stop)
And the same happen when the grass is wet ?

You guys talk about double blades. What is that? Can I use on my machine, or do I need a specific blade for this mower if so witch one

What do you guys think the problem is?

I really like this mower (feel like a tank no body can destroy it)

Thank you
Tony Ortigoza
Old 02-01-2002, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I forgot the other serial # witch is on the back of the mower
00618257 also the # on the engine is FB 460V-AS20

Thank you again
Tony
Old 02-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Gravely Manufacturer

I have forwarded this to our tech service group for a response.

e-mail direct at jmatznick@ariens.com and Jim will help you right away if you desire.

Barry
Old 02-05-2002, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Dear Tony:

I apoligize for not getting back to you sooner, I've been pretty busy this past week. Thanks for getting me the serial number, off that number i have determined your model number. It is # 43330 and it was built around 1987-1988.

Make sure you are not trying to cut too much grass at one time. We usually recommend only cutting 1"-2" of grass at one time. We also recommend cutting in dry conditions, and not when it is wet or a heavy dew. Also make sure your blades are sharp and not rounded at the edges.

The double blades used on our newer PRO WALK-BEHINDS are to enhance the cutting cababilities when mulching. There is no double blade option for the older decks.

I can check to see what blade options and the part numbers of the correct blade would be for your deck. I will also need the model or serial number on the mower deck.
Jim
Old 02-07-2002, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Super lawn I have same machine with 12.5 Kohler and something must be askew with your mower. Mine will cut tall and wet as well as cutting fast this machine cannot be stopped.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Jon:

Thanks for info;

It appear's that Tony's mower has something else wrong. First, check the engine RPM's and make sure they are set properly. Also check the belt & spindles to make sure they are turning freely. Also make sure you are using the correct blades and that they are sharp. Otherwise it could be engine related.

Jim
Old 02-19-2002, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Jon:
Thank you for takes the time, in this matter
I was out of my PC for couple day, till today, I will check out those things that you guys talk about, because I really like this mower

One more time
Thank you
Tony

P.S. Thanks to you to Jim
Old 02-19-2002, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

The same thing happened to my Kee's walkbehind. Check the fuel filter, mine was really dirty so i replaced it with see thru ones now i can tell when it needs replaced. No problems now, I think that's your problem.

Later,
Steve
Old 04-15-2002, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, today was the first time I mow after I fixed my (Tank) mower; I spend $383,50
2 new front tires, mulching kit and set a valve (This suppose was the problem) plus tune up a little too much but I like this mower

Now is there any way to up date the Operator Lever (like 1-2-3-4-5-) to use the lever with the knee

36”Gravely has a Kawasaki engine is FB 460V-AS20
Serial #00618257

Any help will be appreciate

Thanks you
Tony
:blob3: :blob4:
Closed Thread