Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2008, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardscaping View Post
oh yeah For the fence just build the neighbours right up to his and then leave his back fence as her back fence, will save her some money. or you could just moved his to the propertyline and then charge her a bit for saving her the money from having to put in a back fence.

Leaving the back space there between the two fences will cause alot of problems with weeds and such growning up through there and will be ugly.
I know, thats why i was saying, he doesnt want his fence used as the border of her back yard, and im not sure he even has that option. As long as her two side fences do not connect to his corners, maybe if they stop 1' from his fence? He thinks that he would "lose" his 6" of property if he ever goes to sell the house .
Old 08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well his fence could just be moved to solve that problem. Other wise it is not your problem anymore just build her fence to his without going onto his property and then voila you are set. make sure this time you get a survey of the property to make sure were the fence ends. this way you are not liable for what hapens after.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardscaping View Post
well his fence could just be moved to solve that problem. Other wise it is not your problem anymore just build her fence to his without going onto his property and then voila you are set. make sure this time you get a survey of the property to make sure were the fence ends. this way you are not liable for what hapens after.
Yeah, her plan has all the setbacks for the house, sidewalks and all. Im not sure if its something the builder skipped on his plan, or his house survey was done by another survey company or what. Im almost glad even now that i didnt get into a survey, would be one more thing i would have lost money on that the other company would have included in their ridiculously low bid. Originally again, we wern't going to put it onto the property border until we realized on the plan how "little" room was going to be between the new patio and the new fence, like 8'.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree, the first thing I thought when I looked at it was that the pillars look funny going from small to larger on top.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy dead post Batman!

really its from 2008
Old 10-03-2010, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

the pony express must have just gotten there!
-cat 302.5
-dingo 425
-trailers and way to many employees