Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-04-2008, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

If you are interested in keeping fert costs down and getting great results, contact me. As a sponsor on this site, I can tell you that we can provide you with products that will increase soil organic matter with the added benefit of some synthetic nutrient sources mixed in. We also are a supplier of humates, high cal lime or gypsum with humates, ICT Organic products and many others.

Tech-Terra Organics is able to ship Nutrients PLUS organic based granular fertilizer by the pallet of truckload economically to any location in the lower 48. This is the fert used by Pepisco World Headquarters.

You will not get a sermon on organics only from us. We will provide you with options to add to your tool belt to provide great cost effective lawns to your clients! However, we do believe that it is in everyone's best interest to be able to provide this service with the least possible effects to health and the environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
[QUOTE

I use Organic material in conjunction with a synthetic program. But I get very defensive of those pushing all organic idiot programs. The economics of Organic programs is the biggest problem with Organic programs. The mass volume needed to get a response is more than the average company can provide. To apply only a small amount of Organic material without synthetic fert won't get the response the customer wants.
You need to talk to Marcos.

He claims that the organic components are the same price as synthetic and you get a BETTER response. I have not checked but I have had several confirm that the organic materials are 2-3x the price of synthetics, but he denied that! What is the comparison of price per K of snythetic vs organic when comparing programs?

I feel the same way as you do on this topic![/QUOTE]

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-05-2008, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Looks great....but I can take some pics of the athletic fields I take care of (11 acre complex with 2 football fields, 2 soccer fields a large practice field and several ball diamonds) and it is an all synthetic fertilizer program and chem weed control.
Please do I would love to see them

I posted those pictures for all those out there that say you cannot put a successful and cost effective program together that is based on organics. Yes they do use controls to keep poa and other weeds out, I personally have no issues with that as that is the expected end result, a nice stand of turf with little to no weeds

We can help with the fertilization and fungal issues but not with weed control. If you can effectively get control of a site (weeds) and then selective spot spraying, I say go for it.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

CK,

Agrotain products stop nitrogen losses from urea. Most guys cut their rate 25% as a starting point. So if your N budget is $50K, figure only spending $38K with uflexx.