Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-21-2002, 02:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cheapcuts
Can't see how ripping off people to just mow is good for business. I can work for half of what they charge here. some of these companies must forty or fifty thousnad a year. Why charge so much just to cut lawn. I can see big bucks for sprniclers and and landscape ponds and things but not mowing. I think I can make a lot by not being greedy

Oh my god! What's that TV show??? Oh yeah.........Just shoot me!
Old 04-21-2002, 03:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Evidently Cheapcuts has not been reading the many thread topics about how Scrubs are destroying our ocupation. He has come streight out and says he thinks we are all ripping off our customers and that he can put us out of business by charging 1/2 the price.

I'm glad you (cheapcuts) don't live in my Area. Although I have plenty like you that do. I feel sorry for you, because you think so little of yourself and the ocupation that you are seeking, that you will work for nothing, just to be able to get by. If you would even call it getting by. I know I couldn't get by on what you consider decent money.

Soupy
Old 04-21-2002, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cheapcuts is just a victim of our public education system. He thinks if 2+2+2=5 and if he does it for 3 then all he has to do is make up the difference in volume.

Used to be an old joke where a contractor would do the job below cost then claim he could make up the difference in volume. In Idaho today, with absolutely no contracting requirements at all, this old joke has been turned into the standard operating procedure for most contractors here.

During the past building boom here, we had builders filing bancruptcy on friday and starting up a new business on monday and they all believed if they could just lower their prices a little more, they would make it this time. And also, if they have the cheapest priced product they would somehow become rich. Sad but true.

Liberty: Freedom from the control of others - Webster dictionary 1828

If you think you can do it or you think you can't... either way, you're right!

"The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that the warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse." excerpt from "Tales of Power"