Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-06-2000, 05:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Is there something I can apply to my Zoysia in the winter so it does not look like straw?I have considered spraying with green food coloring but, my wife thinks it will be tracked into her house. HELP!
Old 01-06-2000, 06:29 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Oldguy, I thought I was the only old guy on the forum. LOL From what I've heard, Lesco has spray on products to green up the grass and to make mulch look new and fresh. Lesco is based in Ohio, but has distribution centers all over the USA. If they have it, I'm sure other companies do also. I'm sure someone else will reply to this also that can give you the name of the product. There is help for you though.<p>----------<br>Eric@ELM<br>http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/index.html
Old 01-06-2000, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Eric If I don't find a cure my wife will have me pulling it out by hand, it's been in since 1965. Beautiful in the summer but ugly as heck when it gets cold OG
Old 01-06-2000, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Oldguy, yes Lesco does have a turf paint that is suitable for what you are wanting to do however based upon where you are located they may not sell it to you. You may have to have a pesticide applicators license. Hope this helps. Have a good day!<br>
Old 01-06-2000, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Our local LESCO service center sells to everyone who walks in the door, they just don't market to the homeowner. They might ask for a cert. card if you're buying a pesticide, but the colorant isn't a pesticide.<p>Call LESCO at 1-800-321-5325 and see if there is a service center in your area.
Old 01-13-2000, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

The product is called GREENZIT and it runs in the $75-$80 range concentrated. Should easly do 25K sqft. Shake well or you'll have a blue lawn.<p>Tim in NE