Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How are you venting on top? Are you doing a slider that can be adjusted? That setup is going to be so nice for you. I know we've seen them before like that, but still...
Another thing to consider with the front mount, is that it makes it SO much easier to get right up to the pile with. If needed, you can tuck that front end into anywhere.
Also, if you are using pvc, what kind of curve angles are you going to have? (I mean how tight). I remember some of these guys that used stove pipe, readjusted and went with a bit more gradual of curvature for less resistance. Keep us posted!

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thats illegal here in CT. A plow doesnt have a pipe comming into your view. Thats a ticket for sure around here. The leaf box is way too small. I wish i could use a front mount though it solves some problems for me freeing up my hitch to tow with.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 09-28-2008, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Punt66, do you have any pics of your swingaway and leaf setup? Post some pics if you have them.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I actually do not. If you go to my profile i have 1 pic there of my trucks and my house i took last year. You can see the leaf box and the insert is partially in the air. The box has split barn doors that latch closed or open. The top i put a mesh tarp during leaf season with bungees. I leave the box on all year for mulch and brush. When i have my vac mounted i will take a close pic.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 09-28-2008, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.lawnsite.com/picture.php?...1&pictureid=96

here is the picture

SOLO OPERATION
Old 09-28-2008, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
How are you venting on top?
Are you doing a slider that can be adjusted? That setup is going to be so nice for you. I know we've seen them before like that, but still...
Another thing to consider with the front mount, is that it makes it SO much easier to get right up to the pile with. If needed, you can tuck that front end into anywhere.
Also, if you are using pvc, what kind of curve angles are you going to have? (I mean how tight). I remember some of these guys that used stove pipe, readjusted and went with a bit more gradual of curvature for less resistance. Keep us posted!
I have a mesh tarp for the top...... The pipe is PVC and is a straight shot from the BillyGoat to the box..........Thanks for your post Runner.....you always have constructive comments....

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
Thats illegal here in CT. A plow doesnt have a pipe comming into your view. Thats a ticket for sure around here. The leaf box is way too small. I wish i could use a front mount though it solves some problems for me freeing up my hitch to tow with.
The leaf box may be way to small FOR YOU.........but not for me thanks anyway.....

I too am a solo operation....so having to take 2 trucks is not an option.....

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama

Last edited by LawnScapers of Dayton; 09-28-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hear you. Thats why i wouldnt mind having a front mount as well. I do run 2 trucks.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 09-28-2008, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
I hear you. That's why i wouldn't mind having a front mount as well. I do run 2 trucks.
I'm solo also , but I fabbed up a double hitch on my truck to mount the loader and still pull a trailer.

I like the idea of the front mount alot . Seen it on this site for the last few years. I might have to try that next year.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.M.Landscaping View Post
I'm solo also , but I fabbed up a double hitch on my truck to mount the loader and still pull a trailer.

I like the idea of the front mount alot . Seen it on this site for the last few years. I might have to try that next year.
i have been thinking about doing that. You dont have a pic of that do you?

SOLO OPERATION