Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

New 260z owner questions

First of all, I'd like to say you have a great machine:260z. This thing is a workhorse. I demoed many machines and did lots of research. While most of the ones I demoed were relatively the same, the gravely was an exceptional value.

I just have a few questions you should be able to answer. First of all, before on my old Z, I sharpened blades every 8 hours. The gravely came with tungsten carbide coated blades I believe. How should these be sharpened? Also, I'm interested in perhaps trying doubles. Has this ever been done succesfully and would it void my commercial warranty? I thought I read somewhere you manufactured a kit...

Next, how much should I expect to pay for the striping kit (rubber flaps) on the back of the deck. E-mail me a price if you'd like... Also, if I attach my own kit, it won't void the warranty, correct?

Lastly, how do I go about putting a rear hitch on this mower; do you guys make one?
Old 05-09-2002, 04:14 PM

PM260Z

Yardboyltd.

It's good to hear that you are pleased with the product and its performance.
As for your questions,

The tungsten carbide blades will last longer between sharpening maybe even twice as long provided you don't hit stones, stumps etc. The tungsten coating is on the bottom of the blade therefore just sharpen the top face being carefull not to overheat the edge. Most people in their hast to finish sharpening the blades they overheat and take the temper out of the blade causing them to need even more sharpening sooner than they would normally need.

Currently we have doubles for our Pro-G & Pro-H model walk behinds, however not for our mid-mount PM Series. I can say with conviction that doubles do work and work well. I was in Missouri last week mowing while it was raining and they cut and distributed the grass beautifully. They do take a little more horsepower though. Should you decide to mount doubles on your machine be sure that the bottom blade is not below the front leading edge of the deck for safety reasons.

Striping kit p/n 792015 will run you about $49.00 and no it will not void your warranty if you install.

We do have a hitch that will mount to the rear bumper of your unit. You may have to drill holes depending on the model year. The part # is 087155.

I hope this has answered your questions.

Respectfully,
Dan Kilgas
Product Catagory Manager
Ariens/Gravely Co.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ahh, thank you, very good

Shortly I plan to buy one of those armored gravely 36" wb's!! My dealer is 200 miles away, but his service outweighs the other local brands here...

In the short season we've had so far, it's nearly paid for itself already. I live in a town of about 10k, and this is nicest mower I've seen on any of the trailers. It's fun to watch the glances it gets.
Closed Thread