Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-31-2008, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I like it because it is unique. Nice contrast between the soldier course and the run. More importantly, is the customer happy. Its certainly a conversation piece.

Mike
Old 11-02-2008, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I'm more concerned on what type of base was used? how thick? also what about the edge restrain it looks like it was installed on top of the sand, also next time try to finish all the sides with a bigger piece try to avoid those little pieces they will usually move overtime.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks great, I wish I had been that good at 18! I see you being very successful in your life!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumLandCon View Post
This guy is a genius, listen to what he has to say. The curves are smooth so you wouldn't have needed any cuts in the field pavers if you did it in a runner like zedo said.
Gee, thanks for the comments. "blushing" Here is an example of what I mean. When transitioning from one large area (patio) to a walkway, try to be creative and at the same time you save a bundle of time and material. No cutting cornners on design DVS, just logical to me.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2008, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lookin good as always zedo

Man, I love Permacon. I have Trafalgar, Vendome, and Mega Arbel jobs lined up for next year... I'm so pumped!
Old 11-06-2008, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedosix View Post
Gee, thanks for the comments. "blushing" Here is an example of what I mean. When transitioning from one large area (patio) to a walkway, try to be creative and at the same time you save a bundle of time and material. No cutting cornners on design DVS, just logical to me.

Andy, the pic you posted is very impressive.

But, ok, how do I word this. Ok, in the pic you have an arbel circle at the end of the walk, which is what is transitioning the walk into the patio. Yet prior to the circle, the walk is set in a running bond pattern.

Your original comment regarded "cutting" and "saving time", it never mentioned "transitioning"

Other than you have a circle at the end, how is that running bond pattern any different than the angled pattern in the Jake's photo? Honestly, I believe Jake's workmanship in the cutting and mitering of the pavers in his walkway is outstanding. I know it took a while to do, but look at the end result!

No disrespect, and maybe I'm not understand what you're saying, Andy, or maybe you're not understanding what I'm saying, from an architectural standpoint I'm not seeing how your random pattern consists of any more logic than Jake's pattern. The circle is a nice touch. However from a drop-click-and-go mentality - then sure I understand ya. But from a mentality of "what can we do to make this really stand out" mentality - I'm not following ya.

One of the great things about paver work is that you can be as creative as you can dream. And with creativity - usually comes cutting and mitering pavers.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
Andy, the pic you posted is very impressive.

But, ok, how do I word this. Ok, in the pic you have an arbel circle at the end of the walk, which is what is transitioning the walk into the patio. Yet prior to the circle, the walk is set in a running bond pattern.

Your original comment regarded "cutting" and "saving time", it never mentioned "transitioning"

Other than you have a circle at the end, how is that running bond pattern any different than the angled pattern in the Jake's photo? Honestly, I believe Jake's workmanship in the cutting and mitering of the pavers in his walkway is outstanding. I know it took a while to do, but look at the end result!

No disrespect, and maybe I'm not understand what you're saying, Andy, or maybe you're not understanding what I'm saying, from an architectural standpoint I'm not seeing how your random pattern consists of any more logic than Jake's pattern. The circle is a nice touch. However from a drop-click-and-go mentality - then sure I understand ya. But from a mentality of "what can we do to make this really stand out" mentality - I'm not following ya.

One of the great things about paver work is that you can be as creative as you can dream. And with creativity - usually comes cutting and mitering pavers.
Ok maybe transitioning isn't the right word here but his work could of been done faster, with less material waste and look nicer imo, if he would of curved the brick to follow the walkway. It looks so cold with the lines running straight. My only reason to comment at all, is to help this guy who obviously takes great pride in his workmanship is to give some sugestions as to how it could be done and how it could look. Maybe my pics don't really tell the story but just wanted to show him how smooth the walk looks without all those cuts.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think this is what Andy and I were getting at. Drawing is rough but you get the idea. I think it helps the flow of the path.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2008, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumLandCon View Post
I think this is what Andy and I were getting at. Drawing is rough but you get the idea. I think it helps the flow of the path.
Thats what I needed! Makes sense now to see it drawn out, i do agree it would help with the flow doing a running bond and getting rid of the soldier row infront of the walk as well as eliminate a lot of cuts. Hey, something to try next time! Thanks for the visual.
7'x18' Road open trailer
6.5'x12 Premier open trailer
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax!!!
2007 Chevy 2500HD 2x4 6.0
2006 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 6.0
1995 Chevy 1500 WT
7 Great Dane Chariot LXs 61''
03 Yazoo Keys 36'' walk behind
5-Craftsman 21'' 6.5hp push
lots of STHL stuff
Old 11-06-2008, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Yardworks LLC View Post
Thats what I needed! Makes sense now to see it drawn out, i do agree it would help with the flow doing a running bond and getting rid of the soldier row infront of the walk as well as eliminate a lot of cuts. Hey, something to try next time! Thanks for the visual.
No worries man, I'm a visual learner myself so I thought I'd try to remove all the grey areas with everyone trying to explain what to do.