Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-06-2008, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Venting!!!!!!!!!

So I've got a client who I do maintenance for.

She is an interior designer for a local furniture store and also does interior design and re-modeling on the side. (once worked as a landscape designer also, she should know cost)

She has been wanting to re-do the front of her property. For the longest time she couldn't decide what she wanted done, wasn't sure about re-modeling her house, and putting an addition in.

1 month ago I did a cleanup/ maintenance, and she said that she wants to go ahead and do the landscaping in the front.

I finally got another job done, told her I'm ready to go, did a small design for her, and gave her the estimate. (around $5000)( 85 foot wall, 2 feet high, 4 tons chipped black slate for rock mulch.)

She told me that she didn't expect it to cost so much, and has plans to travel to Scotland and Ireland, and she would have to check her finances.

" I hope you won't be mad at me if I decide to wait until spring? "

I'm so sick of people dictating my schedule, I've had two installs earlier this year that the customers dragged their feet etc... money and time lost. I could have moved on to another customer who wants work done for sure, instead I'm waiting another 1-3 days for an answer. Not to mention another 2 days to get utilities marked.

Tell me to jump, and expect me to say how high.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Last edited by White Gardens; 11-06-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Why dont you just move on to the next job and do hers when your done with the next job and she is ready. If she is making you wait she can wait for you to have time also. TIME IS MONEY Also winter is right around the corner get in what you can now. Just my opinion
Old 11-06-2008, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman350 View Post
Why dont you just move on to the next job and do hers when your done with the next job and she is ready. If she is making you wait she can wait for you to have time also. TIME IS MONEY Also winter is right around the corner get in what you can now. Just my opinion

Oh I know, like I said, I'm just venting. It just sucks that she has waffled three different times this year, I got other projects done, and she does another 180.

She is a good customer otherwise. She has helped get me other customers, and she has gotten a few good deals because of that.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Oh I know, like I said, I'm just venting. It just sucks that she has waffled three different times this year, I got other projects done, and she does another 180.

She is a good customer otherwise. She has helped get me other customers, and she has gotten a few good deals because of that.
I had a client similar to this a few years ago. Very nice woman, got a few big jobs done for her, and during each one it was always tough to meet with her to sign contracts and such. She was always off travelling, or had meetings with her various clubs and organizations shw was involved with. Sometimes trying to get a hold of her even on the phone took weeks.

So we would go along, schedule other clients in the mean time, and it always happened that when she was ready to sit down and talk, we'd be booked for 4 weeks. Then she would get very demanding wondering why we couldn't schedule her work.

She doesn't call us anymore, and I'm glad. She was really frustrating to work with.

Hang in there.
2003 Haulmark 6x14 Enclosed trailer