Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

wow!!!! your lucky as **** you have another machine, that would have been a very expensive job to get that pulled out. i could have sworn everyone told me just a few days ago ex's never get stuck..... i knew that was bs and it looks like you do to.

is that dirt getting moved to a on site dump?

is it getting hauled in your buddies trucks? how are they getting in and out of the whole? can we hear the plan of attack.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So whats that your second time having an excavator stuck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
wow!!!! your lucky as **** you have another machine, that would have been a very expensive job to get that pulled out. i could have sworn everyone told me just a few days ago ex's never get stuck..... i knew that was bs and it looks like you do to.

is that dirt getting moved to a on site dump?

is it getting hauled in your buddies trucks? how are they getting in and out of the whole? can we hear the plan of attack.

I never said they were impossible to get stuck, just hard to. In this case I was 30 miles away from the machine when I got the call it was stuck so I don't know if there was any precaution that could have been used to advoid this. I would say maybe it could have but it was sitting on top of the mats that are suppose to keep it floating.

It would have been impossible to get it pulled out with a tow truck. it was probably 500' from the road down a steep hill that nothing without tracks could get up/ down it. I've go several people who I could borrow machines from anyways.

As far as what were going to do now, that's Plan "B"

And what is plan "B" ... I don't know yet... plan "A ' was suppose to work

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 11-17-2008, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
So whats that your second time having an excavator stuck?
That's the second one I've participated in the recovery of. I've never had the oportunity of stick one yet, nor do I want to. I guess I know when to stop.

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

New facebook fan page

Old 11-17-2008, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

you were really lucky to get those out a quickly as you did. Check out the videos showing the rescues of stuck equipment on www.cranemasters.com
I have been involved in recovering several badly stuck machines. Here are photos of a Linkbelt dragline we had to dig out many years ago. notice the cab roof of the dragline behind the buldozer. It was in deep.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2008, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not sure what to say but as I scrolled down my heart was sinking for you.. glad you got them out. I am amazed that you got them out, though, given how sticky that stuff looked but I guess the excavator is about the most awesome machine on the jobsite after I viewed that!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 11-17-2008, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

maybe for plan b - start at the very edge and work your way in, hauling all the slop out and keeping on good hard ground (if it has a bottom). i bet theres about 10' of muck on top of anything stable by the looks of it though. it would make for alot of dirt though. thats an awsome project!! you seem to get all the best jobs.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
maybe for plan b - start at the very edge and work your way in, hauling all the slop out and keeping on good hard ground (if it has a bottom). i bet theres about 10' of muck on top of anything stable by the looks of it though. it would make for alot of dirt though. thats an awsome project!! you seem to get all the best jobs.
The job was bidded for Plan "A" to work. I'm going to go ahead a get out a whole tube of greased becasue I may be getting ready to get F***ed.

I've done tons of jobs for these property managers in the past, so hopefully they'll be understanding. Got a meeting with them first thing in the morning.

New facebook fan page

Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i figured the bid may come into play. tell them the only choice is to let it dry out for 10 years or so to keep that price........... or pay up!!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think Plan "A" still may have a chance. You used 1 - 8x16 mat under each track side I assume with the 16' longwise so you could travel forward and reverse. Can you set them so you're making a 32' wide deck, 2 or 3 next to each other so you have a larger surface area out to the sides and front? You may have to put another on top of all those to travel on going in the opposite direction of the ones underneath........but I think that may work.........Gotta start in a virgin spot and work your way back to that soup mix you made......