Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2000, 01:54 AM
Lawnsite Addict

Jarrett sorry for the delay, anouther trick to stop marking up yards, plywood 1/2&quot; or 3/4&quot; cut in half length wise 5 or 6 sheets will do the same as rubber tracks. as for the Dingo toosmall if you are looking at it stick withthe compact tractor instead. from your first post you said that you have a 8N tractor use that for grading and look to a skid steer for loading and unloading just make it big enough to lift hat you need.<p>----------<br>paul<br>
Old 02-14-2000, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Member

hey paul thats not a bad idea with using the 8n with a skid loader that would work, good idea on the plywood to after all the grass turns a little brown if you run it over one to many times jarrett
Old 02-16-2000, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is one of the most informative discussions I've seen on this forum. I won't add much light on the subject except to say that I agree with Paul about the plywood. It makes a soft site accessible that you'd torn up completely otherwise. Also the customer will be so impressed that you care about the condition of their property that they'll tell others how careful you are.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>
Old 03-04-2000, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Member

This is in defense of the Toro sized mini-skid steer loader. Altough we occasionally have to rent a back hoe or full size Kabota<br>we have been extremely happy with our decision to go with a compact unit. We have a Kanga and it has so many attachments all on one trailer towable with a 3/4 ton six cylinder truck. In the course of a day we often use 4 or five attachments. Especially good is the auger. The Kanga will out auger a tractor. though small it will let us place <br>rocks in backyards through tight gates up to <br>1100 lbs.(39&quot; wide). It's the same as the Toro Dingo but has a bunch of advantages over the Toro. Better digging, better dump angle, better bucket roll back. Basically it lifts more, dumps better, runs longer, and costs less. And for about the price of a tractor or full sized skid steer we have a trencher, 4-1 bucket, rototiller, leveler, and very agressive auger to 30&quot; diameter. We can transport trees up to 24&quot; boxes through narrow gates. We use it almost everyday we are on a job. It costs us about 20.00 to 30.00 a day. I've cut labor by a third on most jobs. It is the best tool we've ever owned or rented! I can always rent something <br>large when I need it. It seems the larger the unit the less versatile it is and for us the less we would use it.<p>----------<br>mike stemler<br>
Old 03-13-2000, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Skid steer is the way to go. I have a case 1840, and 1845. I prefer the 1840 because of smaller size but often have to break down pallets of sod(it will not lift them). Tractor is better at grading but not as good at moving and loading. Turn around much quicker with skid steer. With experience grading can be done efficiently with skid steer. I have the following attachments: backhoe, buckets, forks, 3-pt adaptor, rock rake, trencher, sod unroller. I wouldn't be without my skidsteers. And if gate is too small take out a section of fence. Usually takes me 15 minutes.