Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2000, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

hey guys just updating you on the show. the wood shavings are flying and im runnin around getting everything ready. now i have baby chickens to have at the show i'm building a open top cage for them so kids can see in . we needed something to attract visitors to our booth this should do it. how many people can resist little baby anythings i thought it was a good idea. after all my company name is kountryscape and our theme is old and new so hey what better. see ya later jarrett
Old 03-05-2000, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey kountry, just got back from the philadelphia flower show today and thought of you when i walked in the door. The first display was along the lines of what you were talking about and was a old country barn seen. They constructed a old barn, complete with old tractor and even a corn bin with corn in it, with all types of plants forced bloom. Alot of azaleas, bradfords, service berries, and cherrys. The part that i noticed most was they had a cage with live sheep and chickens in it!!! <p>I guess someone beat you to the punch...<p>Anyways, it was a big draw and everyone loved the live aspect. Think you will have a winner with your design. To bad your so far away, because the show was great. A little to much on the florist side though, but still great...
Old 03-11-2000, 03:55 PM
Lawnsite Addict

Jarrett,<br>How is everything going, waiting to hear that you really got your name out there, if it was this weekend let us know what happened.<br>Best of luck <p>----------<br>paul<br>
Old 03-11-2000, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

steve, i also went to the philadelhis flower show. pretty ammazing huh? I couldnt beleave my eyes with the live chickens and the shack that looked to be from the year 1800. there was alot of really graet displays.
Old 03-12-2000, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, the show was great. Its amazing what 3 months of planning and 100,000 dollars of corporate sponsor money can build for you.....lol.
Old 03-13-2000, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

HI GUYS WE HAD OUR SHOW THIS LAST WEEKEND IT WAS WAY TO MUCH FUN. OVER 10,000 PEOPLE A DAY FOR THREE DAYS , MY DISPLAY ROCKED EVERY KID OF EVERY AGE LOVED TO SEE THE BABY CHICKENS. MY ARBOR AND TRELLIS WAS ALSO SOMETHING PEOPLE ENJOYED I HEARD IT ALL FROM ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE BUILT A SOMETHING TO WITH STAND A WIND STORM PUT IT THIS WAY THAT ARBOR COULD OF SAVED DORTHY AND HER DOG FROM A TORNADO IT'S BUILT. ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T GET ANY I 'LL TAKE ONE HERES THE MONEY I PROBELY TALKED TO 15 OR 20 SERIOUS CUSTOMERS EVERYDAY AS FAR AS LANDSCAPING CUSTOMERS THEY LIKED THE FACT I WAS A SMALL CONTRACTOR AND I DID THE WORK. IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO DO THIS TYPE OF SHOW DO IT IT CLEANS OUT YOUR POCKETS BUT IN THE LONG RUN IT PAYS OFF LOOKS LIKE THE OLD S-10 MIGHT HAVE TO BE TRADED IN FOR A BIGGER TRUCK . HEY SOME THINGS THAT STUCK OUT AT THE SHOW WERE A PARTY TENT WITH A POND INSIDE WITH NIGHT LIGHTING DISPLAY THE SIDES WERE DOWN TO MAKE IT DARK A GIANT SAND CASTLE MADE BY THREE GUYS CALLED SANDSCAPES. AND YES WE HA
Old 03-13-2000, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

HI GUYS WE HAD OUR SHOW THIS LAST WEEKEND IT WAS WAY TO MUCH FUN. OVER 10,000 PEOPLE A DAY FOR THREE DAYS , MY DISPLAY ROCKED EVERY KID OF EVERY AGE LOVED TO SEE THE BABY CHICKENS. MY ARBOR AND TRELLIS WAS ALSO SOMETHING PEOPLE ENJOYED I HEARD IT ALL FROM ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE BUILT A SOMETHING TO WITH STAND A WIND STORM PUT IT THIS WAY THAT ARBOR COULD OF SAVED DORTHY AND HER DOG FROM A TORNADO IT'S BUILT. ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T GET ANY I 'LL TAKE ONE HERES THE MONEY I PROBELY TALKED TO 15 OR 20 SERIOUS CUSTOMERS EVERYDAY AS FAR AS LANDSCAPING CUSTOMERS THEY LIKED THE FACT I WAS A SMALL CONTRACTOR AND I DID THE WORK. IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO DO THIS TYPE OF SHOW DO IT IT CLEANS OUT YOUR POCKETS BUT IN THE LONG RUN IT PAYS OFF LOOKS LIKE THE OLD S-10 MIGHT HAVE TO BE TRADED IN FOR A BIGGER TRUCK . HEY SOME THINGS THAT STUCK OUT AT THE SHOW WERE A PARTY TENT WITH A POND INSIDE WITH NIGHT LIGHTING DISPLAY THE SIDES WERE DOWN TO MAKE IT DARK A GIANT SAND CASTLE MADE BY THREE GUYS CALLED SANDSCAPES. AND YES WE HAD A RESTORED AND ONE RUSTY JOHN DEERE TRACTOR IN A DISPLAY WITH WATER RUNNING OF THE ROOF OF A BARN OVER TOP THE PATH IN A DOWN SPOUT AND INTO A POND. AFTER ALL THIS IS THE HEAD QUARTERS FOR DEERE INC. SO HEY DIXIE CHOPPERS WOULDN'T BE COOL . ITS BEEN FUN WRITE ME BACK !! HEY I ALSO FOUND OUT MY DISPLAY LOOK GREAT BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE 3 KABILLION BLOOMING PLANTS IN IT I HAD SIX B&B BOXWOOD THREE B&B EMERALD ARBS. 10 MUMS AND A NICE A RAY OF ANTIQUE GARDEN TOOLS AND ALL THE CEDAR FENCE AND GARDEN STRUCTURES BROUGHT IT TOGETHER . MINE LOOKED LIKE SOMEONES YARD NOT SOMETHING ON PBS VICTORY GARDEN WITH ROGER SWAIN IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN SEE YA GOT TO GET CAUGHT UP WITH THE GREENHOUSE JARRETT