Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2008, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleankutslawn View Post
its not doing any better, but its not getting worse either.i still feel the same
I'm not sure how you were really feeling before, so I don't know if that's good or bad? It is good though that it's not getting any worse. I wish the best for ya klean.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
The residential market has been very, very tight this year. I have been in business since 95, and I have never seen people so careful with money. It is either going to get better, or get much worse, then get better. Just have to make due for now.
Thank God I'm still doing well, even getting a few new customers (monthly maint. customers). But those are very hard sells & 95% of everyone that I talk to doesn't want anything done besides the basic maintenance. From everything that I have read & everyone that I have talked to % everything that I have seen I do believe that this economy still has a ways to go (down) before it gets any better. But (PLEASE), I could be wrong (I hope I am!).
Old 11-25-2008, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolawns View Post
Thank God I'm still doing well, even getting a few new customers (monthly maint. customers). But those are very hard sells & 95% of everyone that I talk to doesn't want anything done besides the basic maintenance. From everything that I have read & everyone that I have talked to % everything that I have seen I do believe that this economy still has a ways to go (down) before it gets any better. But (PLEASE), I could be wrong (I hope I am!).
Yeah it was a different year, thats for sure. Commercials saved me and I am glad I wasnt just starting this year. It will get better though, just have to wait it out.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys, we are having a yard sale this Fri, Sat & Sun (11-28, 29, 30). It's gonna be a big yard sale. There will be furniture, electronics, tools, clothes, used 21" mowers, adults & kids bikes, books, etc. If you can, stop by & introduce yourself. I'll be wearing a bright green shirt with Kevin on it & oh ya, I'm Kevin. It's gonna be at 6491 44th Ave N.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
Yeah it was a different year, thats for sure. Commercials saved me and I am glad I wasnt just starting this year. It will get better though, just have to wait it out.
It will get better. I've already been looking at every way I can trim my costs. I just hope it doesn't get a lot worse before it gets better. Oh well, plan for the worst & hope for the best. I kinda try to live by that. Tends to make life a lot easier.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolawns View Post
Guys, we are having a yard sale this Fri, Sat & Sun (11-28, 29, 30). It's gonna be a big yard sale. There will be furniture, electronics, tools, clothes, used 21" mowers, adults & kids bikes, books, etc. If you can, stop by & introduce yourself. I'll be wearing a bright green shirt with Kevin on it & oh ya, I'm Kevin. It's gonna be at 6491 44th Ave N.
Adults & kids bikes, books, ect you say? So tell us more about these adult books..........
Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

How is everyone doing. Sorry it has been a while since I talked to you guys last. I have a guy that needs 2 yards cut in the apollo beach area. I am sure that he has bermuda(golf course grass) since he lives in a very expensive community. My question is does this type of grass need to be cut with a reel mower, or can you use a ztr mower? I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and hoilday season. Klean i hope you are feeling better.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Guys Its been awhile since I,ve had time to check in seems like everyone is glad its winter! (in this biz who wouldn't be) I look at trimming cost every were I can as well I usually buy the sthil 2-cycle in the 4 oz. bottle (2.5 Gal mix) I did the math and figured the 4 oz. bottle was costing me .52 cents per oz. If I buy the gallon jug it drops to .29 cents. So I went to Lesco bought a Tip and pour and I,m gonna start using the gallons. I usually go through 12 gallons of 2cycle gas a week in the summer that's a $11.04 a week in savings.
How bout' those gas prices! It sure is nice to see gas under $2.00 a gallon.
Hey everyone have a nice Thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

adult books that made me laugh there
Old 11-27-2008, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner Inc View Post
Hey Guys Its been awhile since I,ve had time to check in seems like everyone is glad its winter! (in this biz who wouldn't be) I look at trimming cost every were I can as well I usually buy the sthil 2-cycle in the 4 oz. bottle (2.5 Gal mix) I did the math and figured the 4 oz. bottle was costing me .52 cents per oz. If I buy the gallon jug it drops to .29 cents. So I went to Lesco bought a Tip and pour and I,m gonna start using the gallons. I usually go through 12 gallons of 2cycle gas a week in the summer that's a $11.04 a week in savings.
How bout' those gas prices! It sure is nice to see gas under $2.00 a gallon.
Hey everyone have a nice Thanksgiving.
You may want to look around for a place that has a case price on mixed oil. I have found out that if you buy the oil by the case that it is about the same or cheaper than if you buy the gallons.