Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-27-2002, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawns and Mower,
Each person who has replied to you has tried to tell you that you are in danger of having a major disagreement with this client. Who determines when $10K of work has been performed if nothing is in writing? The client may think that you owe him another $5K of work after you think you that you have finished. Put it in proposal form, stating the work that you will perform, in which areas for the agreed upon budget. Get client's signature of agreement.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Member

You have the money. Now make sure he understands exactly what is to be done. No problems here, with or without a contract.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

LAWNS AND MOWER

understand we are not beating up on you here, most of us who have posted a reply have been down this road at one time.. 10,000 is a large amount of money for one job, so large in fact that if there is a dispute you will have to hire an attorney, because you cant settle in small claims court.. look at lanelles post she explains our concern really well...
Old 05-28-2002, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all the support. Trust me, I would prefer to have this in writing also, but this guy has made it clear we can work on a handshake. I don´t want to go against his wishes and insist on a contract fearing I might upset him and lose the job. This guy isn´t hurting for money. He lives in the high rent district. His neighbors are CEO´s, owners of sports teams, etc... Plus, I trust this guy based on the fact it was a referral from one of my customers. My guys started on the job this morning.

LAWNS AND MOWER