Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-26-2002, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just love to see the new guys around here start out with a $25,000+ truck and its always pulling a used Bunton on a 5x10 trailer. They always take great pride in their truck. I have spent 2x the money on equipment than I did on a truck. I get to the lawns just as quickly as they do, but I am done in half the time. Get helper springs and a tranny cooler and a 16 or 18 ft. trailer with dual axles and dual brakes. Unless you haul topsoil or lots of mulch in which case you need a 1 ton.

Go to Edmunds.com to find the options you really need then print it out and take it to the dealer.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I love my $ 30,000 truck. I look so cool in it. I love to pay the bank up $600 each month because in 2 years I will still owe more money on it than it is worth. I hope that something unfortunate happens to my cool truck, that I look good in, so that I'll have no truck at all and still have to pay the bank every month for a truck that I don't have. Even better, I hope that that when hard times come my way, I can use the truck as equity and sell it for less than I owe. Old trucks break down. I can't afford that, so I have to have a really nice, new, big truck.

Sorry to be so sarcastic, and those of you who don't fall in to this catagory of person shouldn't be offended, so I'll only anticipate flaming responses from those who are really mad at themselves for thinking that it's wise to go into deep debt for a truck.

.....and that's my only point....that in my mind, unless I have cash to buy it, a $ 30,000 truck is rediculous.

Rock on Barkleymut!

Landscraper