Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-23-1999, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what else everyone does to keep the wheels turning through the winter. Here in New Haven, CT we have been doing odd jobs like brush clearing, tree work, backhoe work, firewood etc. to keep busy. Are there any new ideas out there?? Besides waiting for snow (which we are ready for too).<p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply<br>http://members.aol.com/scagrider
Old 12-24-1999, 06:14 PM
Banned

Well we keep money flowing in besides are monthly by putting mulch in beat spring rush busy already in spring so try to offer little discount for laying mulch in winter. Also the norm tree work bush pruning cut back and so forth. One other thing we do now is hauling of remodeling waste and/or house hold waste. Stuff trash man wont take. Help keep dump truck busy all year long. Merry Chrismas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2000, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I focus on various tree work and general yard clean-up (getting the garden ready for winter.) This is also when I go back to school and pick up some courses. It all helps in the new year.<br> Lance<br>
Old 01-08-2000, 04:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You may want to check into a Christmas Decor franchise. I'm not sure what area you are in but where I'm at we cannot depend on snow. Christmas is guaranteed every year. We still do snow removal but it is hit and miss.
Old 01-15-2000, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

wrap firewood in 1 cubic foot bundles and sell it to small mom/pop stores. about 4 cord per season (bulk)to a few cust. that been with me for a while
Old 01-16-2000, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anthony - we do the firewood bundles as well as bulk firewood. I found that using onion bags works well, and you can label them. But don't leave them outside over the summer, because the bags (at least the ones we had) aren't UV treated.<p><p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply - http://members.aol.com/slsnursery<br>Ivy League Landscaping - http://members.aol.com/scagrider