Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-28-2008, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Cool combo bro. Kind've best of both worlds. You have to love both breeds !!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea def diff when I found him in the pound like couple weeks old..awesome dog...big and strong too..hes up to like 80-85 pounds now..beast
Old 12-29-2008, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is my cockeyed b_itch.

Her name is Molly and I adopted her from the Animal Protective League. She is a 5 year old pittbull mix

She was a "red dog" meaning they didnt trust her around other dogs and humans.

The League shows dogs every week at my brothers work which is a hard ware store. The store serves hot dogs and is near my house so I will sometimes go have lunch with my brother.

I went 3 Saturdays in a row and saw her each time. They always kept her separated from the other dogs and of course the lady claimed she didnt like men. The ladies that volunteer at the shelter mean well, but they say every dog is afraid of men just because they are themselves. I could see her ribs and tell she was not eating well. They said they had her for 2 years and no one would take her cause she was a "red dog'.

So of course I fell in love with the cockeyed b_itch and adopted her.

She has gained weight since coming home with me. She also gets along with my dad and sister's 6 dogs between them just fine. But she is the most alpha female I have ever seen. She hikes her leg and marks her territory when I walk her. It is absolutely the end of the world if another dog, squirrel, cat, rabbit, or person is outside my house and she can see them. But she has absolutely no food aggression and is super gentle when I give her treats. She even knows how to shake, and will always sit on command. She has never messed in the house once.

She is a very calm relaxed dog that is not very needy. She likes to be in the same room as I am but she is not one of those dogs that tries to mug you for attention. I cant stand that in dogs. She is a very loyal and loving dog.

She makes a great companion for a confirmed bachelor like myself.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenred View Post

This is my cockeyed b_itch.

Her name is Molly and I adopted her from the Animal Protective League. She is a 5 year old pittbull mix

She was a "red dog" meaning they didnt trust her around other dogs and humans.

The League shows dogs every week at my brothers work which is a hard ware store. The store serves hot dogs and is near my house so I will sometimes go have lunch with my brother.

I went 3 Saturdays in a row and saw her each time. They always kept her separated from the other dogs and of course the lady claimed she didnt like men. The ladies that volunteer at the shelter mean well, but they say every dog is afraid of men just because they are themselves. I could see her ribs and tell she was not eating well. They said they had her for 2 years and no one would take her cause she was a "red dog'.

So of course I fell in love with the cockeyed b_itch and adopted her.

She has gained weight since coming home with me. She also gets along with my dad and sister's 6 dogs between them just fine. But she is the most alpha female I have ever seen. She hikes her leg and marks her territory when I walk her. It is absolutely the end of the world if another dog, squirrel, cat, rabbit, or person is outside my house and she can see them. But she has absolutely no food aggression and is super gentle when I give her treats. She even knows how to shake, and will always sit on command. She has never messed in the house once.

She is a very calm relaxed dog that is not very needy. She likes to be in the same room as I am but she is not one of those dogs that tries to mug you for attention. I cant stand that in dogs. She is a very loyal and loving dog.

She makes a great companion for a confirmed bachelor like myself.
Happy to see that you gave her a good home!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:37 AM
LawnSite Member

no way Collegepro, that's gotta be Brutus' brother!

Boomer looks just like Brutus my old 3/4 boxer, 1/8 pit, 1/8 lab (85 pounder at biggest, got hit by a car in the neighborhood). He was the most athletic dog I've ever had and truly was as wild as they come at times. It's good to see someone else with such a similar dog, I know you must be enjoying him. The portrait lookin pic is Bru at his biggest, we miss him!
Attached Images

Last edited by Blazerfb; 12-29-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:53 AM
LawnSite Member

another of chevy

chevy at 7months and 11 months. I know this isn't exactly a dog site but does anyone know what color my dog is? I've heard of Blue-brindle and brown brindle but he is basically blue brown brindle....if that is a color for a pit....maybe he's just rare...any comments? (pretty much the only thing pit related that i don't know about ha, so any other questions i can prob. ans)
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2008, 05:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerfb View Post
chevy at 7months and 11 months. I know this isn't exactly a dog site but does anyone know what color my dog is? I've heard of Blue-brindle and brown brindle but he is basically blue brown brindle....if that is a color for a pit....maybe he's just rare...any comments? (pretty much the only thing pit related that i don't know about ha, so any other questions i can prob. ans)
That color is really cool. The first pic color is just a lil 'bluer' if you will, than the second pic, on my comp. neways. the first pic the color looks like a Wieminriemers color. Very nice.

I posted pics of my white boxer in previous post on this thread, i see you have your dog a sweater. My boxers approx 85-90lbs i havent found any places to get sweaters for thick chested dogs ?? not around NW GA anyways ... ne help ??
Old 12-29-2008, 06:15 AM
LawnSite Member

this is a dog!
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2008, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin' pie View Post
this is a dog!
What is that on his face?

2008 GMC 1500 SLE 4x4 Z71 Ext. Cab
2001 Ford Focus