Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-04-2009, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Thumbs up mondragon? nice setup and...

are you guys from that area of spain? just wondering if you chose your name, because you are from that area or if you guys consider yourselves as a worker co-operative, like many of the business in Arrasate, or in spanish mondragon. don't mean to ramble, just think its a creative name.....
Old 01-04-2009, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCLANDSCAPE View Post
are you guys from that area of spain? just wondering if you chose your name, because you are from that area or if you guys consider yourselves as a worker co-operative, like many of the business in Arrasate, or in spanish mondragon. don't mean to ramble, just think its a creative name.....
it's actually my last name, or families name. We're from Mexico and like we all know the spanish came to mexico so that's how we have a spanish last name. i love our last name and for that, our company name. no one comes near it. i've checked online about our last name and it's from spain, the name Mondragon, "dragon mountain" refers to the mythical victory of the artisans and the liberation of the iron ore once guarded by a dragon who terrorized the villagers near Mount Murugain. Which basically stands for dragon slayers
Old 01-04-2009, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon Lawn Serv View Post
it's actually my last name, or families name. We're from Mexico and like we all know the spanish came to mexico so that's how we have a spanish last name. i love our last name and for that, our company name. no one comes near it. i've checked online about our last name and it's from spain, the name Mondragon, "dragon mountain" refers to the mythical victory of the artisans and the liberation of the iron ore once guarded by a dragon who terrorized the villagers near Mount Murugain. Which basically stands for dragon slayers
That's pretty cool how you know all of that about your name.....So what did they tell you about your wrecked truck? That's gotta be pretty close to totaled!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephLawnCare View Post
That's pretty cool how you know all of that about your name.....So what did they tell you about your wrecked truck? That's gotta be pretty close to totaled!
just lots of research online when i should be doing my universities studies. i think we're doing pretty well since my dad's business pays for three universities students all at the same time; not many people can say they have three kids in college and still be able to pay for them without loans and scholarships etc etc. Our truck is still at the body shop, i won't know till Monday about it since they still got to check it out. it was taken to where it was purchased when it was new, because that's one of the insurance's body shop. but in way i want a new truck but then i don't, since we got lots of expenses other then getting a new truck but we shall see. thanks for asking JosephLawnCare it's nice when people ask questions or give any sort of comments, good or bad, since you can always learn from them.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
Are you puttin your handhelds in the bed of the p/u? Or are you just layin them on the floor like the rakes and shovels.. How do the mowers do goin up the regular equipment style ramps?
this is how i put my machines with the equipment ramps. they have a mesh on them
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2009, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon Lawn Serv View Post
this is how i put my machines with the equipment ramps. they have a mesh on them
Oh, from the side, they still look like regular equipment trailer ramps, which they are, just with mesh on them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
Oh, from the side, they still look like regular equipment trailer ramps, which they are, just with mesh on them...
yep they are regular equipment ramps, but i had someone put the mesh on them very cheaply. I didn't get rid of them since i'll be needing them for the heavier equipment so i just adjusted with what i had available.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbag View Post

did this person run into your trailer chock full of your livelihood? No equipment were damaged? He didn't end up in the same spot as your mower "was"?
wha????!!!!!

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 01-04-2009, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNSLighting View Post
wha????!!!!!
i think he was referring to the picture of when i was rear ended by a car on new years day that's on a different link that i posted on this thread earlier
Old 01-05-2009, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice setup, that sucks about your truck getting banged up.