Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
No, the T190 is missing its door because of that. Busted out the glass...............I've got another $220 piece of glass waiting to go in.
Yeah, I know, I was the one that brought it up, I was trying to be funny, but I guess it didnt work..

So how are you liking the T190? Any plans on getting rid of it and getting a different one, or different brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

we had a T-190 the first year they came out. Had it for about 9 months and then it developed a large crack on the left boom arm. We sold it back to bobcat and upgraded to an A-300. That was a sweet machine. We put the big turf tires on it. With the all wheel steer, the tires lasted forever.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 01-11-2009, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've been doing some research on Skid Steers and CTL's.

As much as I hate to admit it - it's lookin like DEERE has an incredible machine on the market.

I've never like the fact that Bobcat does not have stops at the bottom of the front of the machine to absorb the impact placed upon the lift arms. This is where Firefly's crack in the boom arm derived. I am certain of that. Back in 1997 when I purchased my 1st skid loader, the Gehl salesman pointed out this problem with Bobcat. Last week I received Bobcat's quartly magazine and I noticed they still don't have those stops on them, and I thought to myself "I wonder how many of their machines have been broken up from this".

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
I've been doing some research on Skid Steers and CTL's.

As much as I hate to admit it - it's lookin like DEERE has an incredible machine on the market.

I've never like the fact that Bobcat does not have stops at the bottom of the front of the machine to absorb the impact placed upon the lift arms. This is where Firefly's crack in the boom arm derived. I am certain of that. Back in 1997 when I purchased my 1st skid loader, the Gehl salesman pointed out this problem with Bobcat. Last week I received Bobcat's quartly magazine and I noticed they still don't have those stops on them, and I thought to myself "I wonder how many of their machines have been broken up from this".
I think you're right, Andrew. I've used a Deere 325 and a 322 and both had TONS of power and a good ride. Heat/AC are great, vis is really good. Not sure of pricing vs. other brands but they're a great machine. I'm sure Jarod speaks highly of the 332 he's got, always mentioning how he gains months of working time with the tracks.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

BTW, forgot to mention - The house is lookin nice, Todd!

Exciting times for sure!

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I can almost guarantee that you are right about the lack of stops causing the arm to crack. It has been probably 6 years since I was in a deere skid loader. I didn't like the restricted vis on the machine back then, but I am sure they have improved it. They had just introduced their compact line and still had to work out some bugs.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 01-11-2009, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've very happy with my T190. It has begun to use a little bit of oil and I've got around 940hrs on it now........it gets used and when I'm running it I'm 100% of its ability when it comes to grading, grapple etc. I'd like to have a bigger machine but for now thats just a "want" vs a need. The ATS system is appealing and I saw it for the first time at the MANTS show in Baltimore last week.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

not working right........have some interesting pics for ya'll later
Old 01-11-2009, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sooooo, my brother running the dozer in the previous pictures had a rough day around noon on I-81.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2009, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Rear end came out while changing lanes from left to right and he turned completely into it, went off the shoulder, clipped a sign and smacked the embankment head on. He can drive too (we co-drive my car on track), not driver error....thinks it was ice. Thankfully nobody was hurt.