Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bill, hope all went well with your procedure today, Monday. looks like Thursday maybe the best day for me as well. What is your plan of attack, and how mobile will you be? It will be the last day of the show, and depending on turnout, some vendors may try to get out early. Depending on what interests you, you could take an hour or the day to stroll the trade show floor. usually takes me a day, and I may visit a class if close, but just going for the vendors and contacts.

Kirk
Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yes, i took courses early/ mid 90's. here are a few i remember

basics of plant material
basic and advanced landscape design
irrigation with john warga
pond building
perennials short series
landscape estimating
lighting with jan moyer
turf insect and weed id
Old 01-12-2009, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams To Designs View Post
but just going for the vendors and contacts.

Kirk
gotta get there early before all the good swag is gone ie; pens, hats, mugs, calenders etc.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I did not know that Janet Moyer taught the lighting class at one time. Now there's a class that had to be a lot of fun.

I didn't discover the classes till 2001, and I have stayed on to help out a bit. You would likely enjoy the Principles of Landscape Design class with Crawford and Mondi. I plan on attending that, if time allows. There is now a group of classes that make up a Landscape Management Certificate program.

Kirk
Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I did not know that Janet Moyer taught the lighting class at one time. Now there's a class that had to be a lot of fun.

I didn't discover the classes till 2001, and I have stayed on to help out a bit. You would likely enjoy the Principles of Landscape Design class with Crawford and Mondi. I plan on attending that, if time allows. There is now a group of classes that make up a Landscape Management Certificate program.

Kirk
if i remember right, it was a spur of the moment type situation where she happened to be available at said date and they made a one day class out of it. it was right around the time she had a book published, as i bought a signed copy that day.

i kinda want to to go back and take the clt exam, but a part of me says i already took the classes back then and know the material and have been in the trade for close to 20 years....what can it really do for me?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot has changed in 20 years and so has the information and format. You would be surprised at the cross section of students, from 18 year old lawn entrepreneurs to 70+ year old estate gardeners and everyone in between including municipal workers and landscape architects.

The amount of information and delivery method have also been updated. You are a former student, you you are entitled to a discount on any class that you have taken in the past, plus give the office a call and speak with Karen Tizzano and see what she maybe able to do for you.

There is also the participation and networking opportunities which seem to benefit quite a few.

Kirk
Old 01-12-2009, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Bill, hope all went well with your procedure today, Monday. looks like Thursday maybe the best day for me as well. What is your plan of attack, and how mobile will you be? It will be the last day of the show, and depending on turnout, some vendors may try to get out early. Depending on what interests you, you could take an hour or the day to stroll the trade show floor. usually takes me a day, and I may visit a class if close, but just going for the vendors and contacts.

Kirk
Kirk--

Hey man, I just got home a bit ago. I think that they had to do a bit more than expected and I'm pretty sore, but I should be good to go for Thursday. I'll let you know. I appreciate you remembering, man.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 01-13-2009, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
I'd like to invite all Jersey Guys & Girls to stop by our booth at the NJNLA Trade Show January 14 - 15, 2009
Garden State Exhibition Center - Somerset, NJ
and learn about our Integrated Nutrient Management products and programs.
Barry is this show for members only? Tha GSEC website says its a privite show, I was thinking of stopping by.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It is on open show for the trade, not just NJNLA members. There were discounts for members, but anyone in the trade is welcome to attend.

http://njnla.org/index.php?option=co...d=52&Itemid=74

Kirk
Old 01-14-2009, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Kirk,
I don't think I'm making it tomorrow...I'm pretty f'd up. My shoulder still hurts a lot. Just today I started eating food without feeling sick. I was so excited about going, but it's just way to early. Let me know how the show is!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com