Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2000, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

HI all,<p>Maybe you all can help me make a decision...This past weekend a friend offered me a 1987 GMC R30 2WD truck to me in trade for some wood I have. The truck has a 350TBI engine, 4 speed manual trans with granny gear and 14 bolt (full floater) rear. Unfortunately, the body is rusted severely (floors and rockers are shot, doors have rust 6-10 inches up door face, etc.), and the rear springs have 1 broken leaf in each. The motor trans and brakes however seem good (80K miles). The wood I would trade is worth $200 to $250, so that is what the truck would stand me if I trade.<br>Before trading, I want to know if the truck cab and bed from a 1987 Chevy or GMC 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton truck will swap onto the one ton frame?? Will other years (73-87??) Chev/GMC cabs fit onto this frame? <p>Thanks for passing on any information or any things to watch out for that you might know of!<p>Digby<br>Jamestown, RI<br>
Old 02-21-2000, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes any and all those years will fit. Just be sure to save the computer for the tbi from the 87 one ton.<br>The cabs are all the same, they just put different frames underneath them.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org