Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-23-2009, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at these before I had ordered my new 450 . At the time the were way over priced and the frames looked alot smaller than the ford. There sight clams bigger brakes and a few other things.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Sorry for going back to a older post in this thread, but a local peterbilt dealer operated by JX Enterprises started to fix all makes and models. Price Trucking Co. started to bring their Dodge 3500 C&C tool trucks in, AT&T are lining up their service trucks, fire departments are bringing in their gas fire rigs and older ambulances, also the county started to bring in their smaller Fords. Well I think they final did something smart that a big truck dealership realized that commercial/municipal fleets are in a penny pinch and are just overhauling what they have.

Back on topic I this past summer I was messing around on the dodge site and put together a 4500 that was a optionless, 2wd, standard cab, 6spd, a 5:13 locking rear end, and a 11 foot PTO mason dump for $32,600.
I had started a thread last month it's going to be cheaper to fix it in 2009.

No matter your brand GM/FORD/DODGE 4500/5500 commercial trucks, they all have dropped their chassis cab price's to under 45K depending on the model.