Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-21-2000, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you feel Ford or Chevy Trucks are better and why?
Old 01-21-2000, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

ok Donnie, here it is<p>Ford or Chevy eh??<p>Which one has an affordable parts house most conveniently located to your home?? That is the answer to your question. <p>There are differences between the new Fords and Chevy's, you should decide what you need a truck for what you will be using it for and then that question can have a better answer.<p>It sucks to own either one when you are at the paying end of a repair bill!<p>-Abe<br>
Old 01-22-2000, 05:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets be honest, We all know that Chevby makes better gas engines and trannies. They even make a better diesel(since ford and dodge by their diesels from other suppliers)and gm makes their own.<br>But aside from that it is a personal choice. Which style do you like better, do you prefer and independant front end or a solid axel?<br>Do you want a ext cab 4 door, or a 3 door. Chevy has since added the 4 th door. T<br>My complaint with GM is that they wait till the other guy is so far ahead, and then scramble to catch up. <br>GMs new line of engines tho are far superior to Ford or Dodges engines that it isnt even really close. The power and fuel mileage is way ahead of the competition. When GM can out haul and out power the v10 competition with a 6.8v8 that should tell you who makesa better engine. They will release in the redesigned 3500 series in 2001 a new 6.6 liter diesel with 300+ hp and 500+ftlbs of torque. And a new 8.1 liter gas big block. <br>They will be the standard to test all other engines by.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
Old 01-22-2000, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

To be honest with you guys i am a Ford guy. Only i have looked at chevys, and they make a great truck. In fact chevy's ride quality beats Ford's hands down on every model. I don't want to get into a ford/chevy argument. The reason i have never bought a chevy is because to be honest with you, i can't get my legs under the stearing wheel even with the seat all the way back. <p>Geoff
Old 01-24-2000, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Isuzu Motors designs and builds the new GM diesels.<p>----------<br>Chris Lucas<br>http://www.wwisp.com/~captkaos
Old 01-24-2000, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The new Duramax was a joint venture with Izusu and will be built by GM in the US. Check out www.62-65-dieselpage.com <br>for more info.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org