Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-31-2008, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Member

accepting credit cards with quickbooks?

has anyone tried the quickbooks addon to acceptcredit cards and what are the hidden costs?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ive heard the costs arent near as much as the typical CC company. Im in the process of setting it up. So ill try and keep you posted.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNSLighting View Post
Ive heard the costs arent near as much as the typical CC company. Im in the process of setting it up. So ill try and keep you posted.
Any update on how this has worked out? I am looking at changing a few things this up coming year to keep cash moving.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using it for years. They are very competitive with the other card companies. Also, If you use there invoice printing and mailing services, they will accept your customers cards over the internet for you. They send you an email when a customer has paid. Its all done for you. Then you click on it and its automatically deposited in to your undeposited funds account. Great service.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info
Old 01-24-2009, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYScapes View Post
Also, If you use there invoice printing and mailing services, they will accept your customers cards over the internet for you. They send you an email when a customer has paid. Its all done for you. Then you click on it and its automatically deposited in to your undeposited funds account. Great service.
I just signed up for this and hope it all works the way I think it does. When you use their invoice printing services does it use regular paper or do you have to use a custom blank invoice from them? I seam to remember a picture I saw of a invoice with a tear off payment stub. Maybe not it could have been one of the other services I looked at.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quickbooks merchant services is great. We actually never used the billing feature you are talking about, but they send the statement and you don't need any paper. It is their invoice with your logo on it.

As far as payments after you invoice you go through and run credit cards. Something else we used to use is auto payments. Quickbooks automatically ran the card weekly biweekly and monthly. It was great. No need to ran each credit card individually. Have fun with them.

After a few months call them and renegotiate your terms. I saved thousands $$$ after talking to them and getting them to lower my rates. I told them about Sam's club and Costco's rates which are much cheaper just not part of Quickbooks

J.