Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2009, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

UFLEXX on Fertilizer

Just wondering what your guys' experience with uflexx on fertilizer was? My former fert. supplier went out of business so I'm shopping around. I'm looking at a couple of blends that are 50% uflexx and 33% uflexx. I'm used to using mesa and methylene urea. I know uflexx works a lot differently than these slow releases so I'm looking for some suggestions. Also wondering about the spreadability of it? Dusty? Consistent size? Would rather use nutralene or stick with Lebanaon's mesa, but having trouble finding a supplier. Would like to stay away from the scu's for summer apps if possible. Suggestions? Experiences with uflexx? A lot of questions I know. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am also interested in this. I hate using sulfur coated urea. My old fert supplier had a wide variety of polymer coated ferts, my new supplier does sulfur, or uflexx. I will be attending a seminar on the advantages of uflexx and hydrexx next month, and will certainly share what info I get, but I would like to hear first hand accounts from those who actually use, or have used the products. There is no substitute for experience.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 01-29-2009, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Guys, I use UFLEXX in my tank mix for my spray apps with great results. I have not used it for dry apps. One thing to remember, it is not slow release it is stabilized N. The stabilizers keep it from leaching, volatilizing and help prevent dentifrication. I have a close friend that used it for his dry apps and swears by it. It worked so well, one problem he had was the lawns were still looking great 8 wks later and some customers wanted to skip an application. It isn't dusty but on extremely humid days there can be some build up on the paddles of the spreader. I would say probably no more than any other fert. He loves it. Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I used UMAXX as my liquid fertilizer last year. It lasted at least 12 weeks applied at the 3/4 lb rate. If using as a liquid it will give tip burn on the grass if it is above 75 degrees and a little humid. I had two lawns where this happened last year. I really like it and will be using it again this year.

LawnTamer, why don't you like poly coated urea. I have had very good results with the PolyPlus coated fertilizer from JDL.

I love my country, but mistrust my government, and the government doesn't create jobs, it just takes my money and gives it to other people or groups it thinks it can bribe.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks so far. I've did searches on uflexx and have read a lot of great things about using uflexx in liquid form, but couldn't find much about uflexx on fertilizer.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdLLawnMan View Post
LawnTamer, why don't you like poly coated urea. I have had very good results with the PolyPlus coated fertilizer from JDL.

JDL has not been competitive here on fert prices since the JD bought the L.

I used to use the polycoated stuff and loved it, no sulfur smell, and it worked great.

I am looking into these other products for a few reason. It just seems more environmentally conscientious to use a product that reduces leaching, and volitilization, so as to use less urea. As anyone here can tell you, I am quite the environmentalist. Just had lunch with Al Gore the other day, we flew up to Maine in his private jet for lobster and baby seal steaks.... mmmmmm.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 01-29-2009, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnTamer View Post

I used to use the polycoated stuff and loved it, no sulfur smell, and it worked great.

I am looking into these other products for a few reason. It just seems more environmentally conscientious to use a product that reduces leaching, and volitilization, so as to use less urea. As anyone here can tell you, I am quite the environmentalist. Just had lunch with Al Gore the other day, we flew up to Maine in his private jet for lobster and baby seal steaks.... mmmmmm.
Next time you're on the West Coast, try the California Condor. Tastes like chicken!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I melted 46-0-0 UFLEXX with my second Pre-m application and was very impressed with it. It held it's color very well. I used 32-3-7 granular 30% FULEXX on my 3rd round and was very impressed with it also. I will be using it this year also. I want to try the newer XCU but I pre-bought all my UFLEXX fertilizer last year for this year. Dont forget about HYDREXX if your melting urea you can make your own UFLEXX or UMAXX.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieperlc View Post
Thanks so far. I've did searches on uflexx and have read a lot of great things about using uflexx in liquid form, but couldn't find much about uflexx on fertilizer.
UFLEXX is fertilizer. It comes in a granular form so to get it into liquid form you just melt it down. To get UFLEXX or UMAXX Agrotain adds HYDREXX to urea to stabilize it.

I love my country, but mistrust my government, and the government doesn't create jobs, it just takes my money and gives it to other people or groups it thinks it can bribe.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnTamer View Post

JDL is still very competitive on price in my area as I have checked and still less expensive than UFLEXX. Must be because you are so far form the blending plant that JDL uses.