Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2009, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

MAHTS Atlantic city NJ

Ive never attended this program.. But I just saw the registration info for last years show, and it seems like there were 50 + classes / seminar. I just looked at the info for this year, and doesnt seem to really be anything, just a once time sign up thing for a one say set schedule... am I missing something?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

EPH has eliminated the AC show and will be doing mini one day road shows in a bunch of cities. Check out www.mahts.com
Old 01-27-2009, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The trade show is gone and this is a selling seminar with an appearance by a Vander Koi representative. The intention is to introduce new products, colors and business strategy for EP Henry. Very similar to the free Techo-Bloc, Unilock or many other paver manufacturers.

Kirk
Old 01-27-2009, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The downside is that EP Henry charges 30 bucks!!!!!!! Belgard has always done them for free

To my knowledge, techo has never done Vander Kooi seminars

I HIGHLY recommend that EVERYONE attend Vander Kooi's seminars. Vander Kooi does a good job of drawing awareness to reality. And many guys have no clue what they're doing in terms of pricing and tracking expenses, along with budgeting.

There are some contractors in my area that REALLY need to attend seminars. They have trucks and equipment that I feel it's safe to speculate they're makin payments on. When they are comin in thousands of $$$$$ less than a seasoned, veteran, competent contractor who has the lowest overhead possible - there's a SERIOUS problem. After I attended the 1st seminar many moons ago I bet I changed about 5 practices.

Ok, sure they'll only last 4-8 years in the hardscape biz. But that doesn't do me any good when I'm loosing all my sales to them in the interium.

One example out of many, is - we have guys here that I know do not factor in drive time to and from, each day, per employee. I am certain that after they attend a Vander Kooi seminar - they'll never price a job again without factoring in drive time!

I think everyone should attend Vander Kooi's seminars. It helps the entire industry as a whole.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I attended MAHTS last year down in AC...was not all that impressed with the actual tradeshow, no wonder they turned it into a traveling show.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
One example out of many, is - we have guys here that I know do not factor in drive time to and from, each day, per employee. I am certain that after they attend a Vander Kooi seminar - they'll never price a job again without factoring in drive time!
All our bids have drive time in them. Some of our larger, multi-week projects have had many thousands of dollars in them just for drive time. It's amazing how many companies don't even realize how much money there actually NOT making on a project, just because of drive time. Comes right off your bottom line.

I attended a couple of them (Kooi) over the years. Very good.