Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
Our local Ewing has some short seminars this month. 2-3 hours each. I'm going to the water conservation products one today.
Water rates from Colorado Springs Utilities are going up appx. 40% this spring. So conservation is going to be key. Dennis, the store manager and speaker, broke the seminar down into products and techniques. Decent short seminar. Long full days are a drain sometimes and tough to keep my attention. MANY city and county employees attended, partly because they are now getting raises partially based on continuing education, from what I heard. And with dwindling budgets they are trying to find ways to cut water use.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
Water rates from Colorado Springs Utilities are going up appx. 40% this spring. So conservation is going to be key. Dennis, the store manager and speaker, broke the seminar down into products and techniques. Decent short seminar. Long full days are a drain sometimes and tough to keep my attention. MANY city and county employees attended, partly because they are now getting raises partially based on continuing education, from what I heard. And with dwindling budgets they are trying to find ways to cut water use.

I was thinking that too, that with the water rate increase, should be a good year for water audits/conservation/smart controllers/repairs/lowering golf handicap.

I'm bummed that I missed it.