Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-13-2002, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Commercial

Hey, my friend and I are both 16 and are starting to get into commercial and neighborhood accounts. I know that you have to have insurance and a business license, but I don't know if you have to have anything else, and I also dont know where to get these things, and how much they would cost, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You need to seek legal counsel if you're going to be issuing contracts - particularly to commercial customers. As well, you may not be able to get insurance when you're not 18 since you can not legally enter into a contract.

If you're simply mowing lawns for neighbors, you may not need to get wrapped up on the legal mumbo jumbo - but I would recommend you seek counsel if you're serious about starting a business. You're asking the right questions and taking things seriously which is a good start.

Good luck.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Member

My friend and I have been mowing residential lawns for a few years now, and we now want to get into the commercial lawns. Is it even possible for us to get insurance or what?? We have a few neighborhoods that want us to mow for them, we just need insurance. Also, if anyone can offer help on marketing, and also writing contracts, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks