Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2009, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Equipment Suggestion: Chalk-Lime Marker

I'm looking for some suggestions on the best ball field markers for clay. We already have machines to handle painting lines, but we've been asked to bid the baseball and softball base lines. Dragging will be done by Town P&R.

I have a supplier who I'm going to meet with this morning about material, but I'm curious what the best equipment is for this? I don't want some cobbled together hunk of junk that supposedly can do 12 different functions. I want a good, solid stand-alone, dedicated unit.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDeality View Post
I'm looking for some suggestions on the best ball field markers for clay. We already have machines to handle painting lines, but we've been asked to bid the baseball and softball base lines. Dragging will be done by Town P&R.

I have a supplier who I'm going to meet with this morning about material, but I'm curious what the best equipment is for this? I don't want some cobbled together hunk of junk that supposedly can do 12 different functions. I want a good, solid stand-alone, dedicated unit.
pioneer athletics .com 2 diffrent units

I am over workd and underpaid but maybe its my own fault
Old 02-12-2009, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Member

When we paint the lines on red clay, batters boxes etc, we do it right before the field is ready for play. All of the dirt areas are hosed down raked then painted. With the dirt being "Damp," the paint sticks very well to the dirt. I don't like the chalk because it gets to messy.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Talked with Pioneer, they say they sell a lot of the 50# dry liners. We're not doing the prep, just the actual lining before game time, so watering is out, plus not all the fields are irrigated. I do enough field lining to know that paint doesn't stick to clay unless it is completely saturated. Cost is $400/ea on the dry liners. I can pick up material for $5.50/50#.

Now its just a waiting game to hear back from the school to find out if we got the job or not.