Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2009, 07:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Junior: While you still are young (heck I'm young still as I'm only 21 with a baby face no less) and should be enjoying life, HS, girls, ATVing, whatever, don't be afraid to go after what you want. I was never much of the partying type. I am also a extreme workaholic by nature as I worked all through HS and college and even through my breaks in college when everyone would go to Cancun. I did all that because I knew that when I graduated college, I wanted to work for myself doing stuff that I love rather than working in an office and having to report to an overzealous boss and do TPS reports. I even skipped going abroad for a semester so that I could graduate college early and put my saved money into my company.

While a lot of people have told me that I should slow down and enjoy life, my response to them is a polite "Thank you" and "I will enjoy life when I am sitting off a white sandy beach in the Carribean on my own yacht." My business, among providing future jobs for others and a legacy for my future family, is a means to an end in terms of a lifestyle I would like to live someday. Who wouldn't like the choice in life to either go play in the dirt or go out on jetskis for the day? It's for those reasons that I never slow down. You just have to think about how much you want something and then go after it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
That was very well said.

Thought I was the only one who thought that way. Most of my friends rather party and raise hell than to go out and work. I'm the opposite, I much rather work now, save up and live life like I want to when I'm older, lets face it I don't think my body will like doing this type of work in 30 years, it hurts now at the end of a long day and I'm the same age as you. By then we can both sit on the beach, drink a few beers and watch Junior level the beach sand out with his T250
Hopefully
See I am the same way, I am real quiet and to myself, and would rather work than go out and party and raise h#ll. But my thing is I get to focused on what I want and what really matters right now suffers, thats why I am slowing down, but once I start working on my major next year and can drive and my school work slows way down I'll be full steam ahead again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
I am real quiet and to myself.
as an observer looking in, this is not the kind of person that runs a business...i was the same way when i was in high school...

now that i am in college i have gained the confidence in myself to look people in the eyes when i talk to them and know that what i have to say is important...running a business is only partly being a good worker...the other main, and more important part is being a good communicator...you have to sell your company to people
Old 02-17-2009, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Digger2 View Post
as an observer looking in, this is not the kind of person that runs a business...i was the same way when i was in high school...

now that i am in college i have gained the confidence in myself to look people in the eyes when i talk to them and know that what i have to say is important...running a business is only partly being a good worker...the other main, and more important part is being a good communicator...you have to sell your company to people
I guess I didnt fully explain myself, I am really uncomfortable and quiet and things like that in school, but I am a normal person in the actual real world.. Its wierd..

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
You may want to talk with Yellow Dog. It sounded like that Bobcat RC was not all that great. I love it, I have had it on every machine I get since 1999. It is a huge time saver. I can haul ass across most jobs sites with a full bucket without losing material or killing the operator.
Bobcat's ride control works good but you have to get out of the machine, shut it down, and engage a lever in the engine compartment. It is hard to do when the machine is pressurized, not much room for your hand, and I find that a PAIN to get out for that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-17-2009, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
Bobcat's ride control works good but you have to get out of the machine, shut it down, and engage a lever in the engine compartment. It is hard to do when the machine is pressurized, not much room for your hand, and I find that a PAIN to get out for that.
Wow, thats stupid, another great move by bobcat..

Quote:

Old 02-17-2009, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

yuck! glad you got tracks!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
That makes sense. Thanks ccstrebe. Is the Cat still treatin ya well?
Like a champ. It's a dream machine, feels like you are floating on clouds. I also noticed that I get a couple more hours of operation out of a tank of fuel compared to the Case that I had.

2013 Cat 299D XHP

Bobcat Flail Cutter
84" Custom Built Scarifier
84" Custom Built Mini Dozer Blade/Grapple Bucket
84" Custom Built Ripper/Ring Roller
84" Level Best Dual Slope Box Grader with Power Masts

http://happytrack.com/html/track_0.html
Old 02-17-2009, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
What kind of job would you turn the ride control off for, did someone recommend turning it off for any reason?

My machine has been on since new with no problems, running different attachments. It has 480 hours with no problems.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
See I am the same way, I am real quiet and to myself, and would rather work than go out and party and raise h#ll. But my thing is I get to focused on what I want and what really matters right now suffers, thats why I am slowing down, but once I start working on my major next year and can drive and my school work slows way down I'll be full steam ahead again..
Junior, You're too young to go out and party and raise hell You're like 12 right?

ARP, I'm not a huge BC fan, but nonetheless good luck with the machine and I hope you make a ton of money with it.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Z View Post
Junior, You're too young to go out and party and raise hell You're like 12 right?

ARP, I'm not a huge BC fan, but nonetheless good luck with the machine and I hope you make a ton of money with it.
Ass face...

Quote: