Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: Would you purchase an Assault weapon knowing the right was being banned
Yes I would purchase 59 59.00%
No 11 11.00%
All guns are dangerous, this a needed law 3 3.00%
I already own at least 1 assault semi-auto style rifle, I'm ok 27 27.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2009, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Assault Weapons Ban

Many business Owners are 2nd amendment right supporters, whether in the green industry or not, most business owners support the right/choice to protect their staff or property.

At a press conference announcing the arrests, Holder also suggested that re-instituting a U.S. ban on the sale of assault weapons would help reduce the bloodshed in Mexico, where last year 6,000 people were killed in drug-related violence.

U.S. officials have a responsibility to make sure Mexican police “are not fighting substantial numbers of weapons, or fighting against AK-47s or other similar kinds of weapons that have been flowing to Mexico,” Holder said.

So we are going to lose our gun rights because our government can’t secure its borders, and the Mexican government can’t secure law and order and weed out corruption in its military, which is no doubt a large source of firearms for drug cartels.

Interestingly enough, it was not in his prepared remarks, so it must have been in a question. This is from the Administration, folks. Obama may be willing to burn political capital on this issue. Get ready.

US Attorney General, Eric Holder is considering to re-instate the Assault rife ban permanently

Last edited by nosparkplugs; 02-25-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

F that ban....already got 1 AK wouldnt mind pickn up a few more assault rifles. Guns are fun!!:
Old 02-26-2009, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe they should ban them , after all they are used in almost a whole 1% of gun crimes . And even thou they are only designed to wound , I suppose they could actualy kill.
Well let me rephrase that , wound people , they were made to kill varmints
Old 02-26-2009, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just because there is a law banning these weapons will not make them unavailable.There is always going to be a black market. There is a drunk driving law and look how many people drive and kill people EVERY day. Laws are only obeyed by honest people.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I think the better question is who will surrender their currently owned weapons when the gov't bans them all in the name of national security, for our best interest, you're either with us or you are with the terrorist or some new slick mindless group think slogan.

To celebrate the victory of either antigun candidate I bought one of those evil rifles on Nov 4th, 2008

No plans on giving it up in the future.

Sadly I believe many people will be shaking chickens on this issue and will be terrified to take a stand.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were ever our countrymen.” — Samuel Adams
Attached Images

I'd Rather Be Flying
Always Looking for Greener Grass
Always Looking for Better Mower Blades ™
Say "YES" to higher mowing heights.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

From my cold, dead hands....

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 02-26-2009, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did a research paper on gun control for my English class. You're right, less then 1% of gun crimes are from assault weapons. Another interesting fact, during the LA race riots, those store owners armed with assault weapons (AK variants) were the most successful in securing their livelihood from domestic terrorists. Their large clips and powerful rounds were enough to scare mobs, where as small caliber handguns weren't feared nearly as much. I guess 6 rounds to a crowd of 50 isn't a big deal. If anyone is interested, I could post a link to the paper, its about 6 or 7 pages.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Please do, Id be interested in reading it.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Supreme court ruled in favor of the second amemdment re affirming our rights as citizens to own, carry and protect our families and property. This country was founded on the constitution and bill of rights and anyone who tries to take away our rights should be shot. The right of gun ownership was given to the people of this country to protect our FREEDOM not for hunting animals for food. Freedom from Tyranny and Oppression - FREEDOM is why gun rights were only second to freedom of speech and who ever said Tyranny and Oppression has to come from outside the country ? Our forfathers new that someday we would need to have our firearms to deal with our own government.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassmechanic View Post
From my cold, dead hands....
Perfect quote...... I have no problem dying, but I'm taking out as many as possible......