Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2009, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
What the heck is a property rooster? If the ol boy crows 3 times before dawn, do you get the contract
EDIT* Property Roster.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Per my OP, I said that this was the first time I have been presented with someone else's T/C. I posted this thread here to get feed back from those of you who have had experience doing this, and thanks to those who replied.

Just to clarify, some of you might have got the impression that this is a problem for me to accept the PMC's (Property Management Company) T/C. I never had a problem with it. I thought it was odd to agree to someones T/C and was cautious to move forward on it due to lack/no experience in this situation. I always thought that being the contractor, it makes perfect sense (Roger- I used it in the right context this time) that we are the ones who should dictate the T/C, not the customer. But in this case it makes sense that they would do this, it gives everyone a level playing field. I understand this now...

I also stated that if this is used as a base line guide for the PMC to compare bids that I would be more inclined to submit a bid if I was able to change/amend some of the T/C they state.

I have decided to move forward on bidding the properties they sent but I have one more Q. Do I address the concerns I have about their T/C before I submit the bids, or wait and see if they accept our bids and then address the concerns? I would think before, but thought I would ask to see if there is a proper procedure.

Thanks to everyone who replied.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milsaps118 View Post
Per my OP, I said that this was the first time I have been presented with someone else's T/C. I posted this thread here to get feed back from those of you who have had experience doing this, and thanks to those who replied.

Just to clarify, some of you might have got the impression that this is a problem for me to accept the PMC's (Property Management Company) T/C. I never had a problem with it. I thought it was odd to agree to someones T/C and was cautious to move forward on it due to lack/no experience in this situation. I always thought that being the contractor, it makes perfect sense (Roger- I used it in the right context this time) that we are the ones who should dictate the T/C, not the customer. But in this case it makes sense that they would do this, it gives everyone a level playing field. I understand this now...

I also stated that if this is used as a base line guide for the PMC to compare bids that I would be more inclined to submit a bid if I was able to change/amend some of the T/C they state.

I have decided to move forward on bidding the properties they sent but I have one more Q. Do I address the concerns I have about their T/C before I submit the bids, or wait and see if they accept our bids and then address the concerns? I would think before, but thought I would ask to see if there is a proper procedure.

Thanks to everyone who replied.
do it before you submit your bid, that way everyone is on the same page, and once that contract is signed, it will be too late to make changes